Channel 202

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paul1948

Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
My channel 202 has been out for over a week. I have checked signal strength and the 101 satellite is showing 85 up to 99 percent. What satellite is 202 on? Why would I not be receiving 202 and 269? I have used the Clearmybox and hard reset as well. I am getting code 771.

:welcome to Satelliteguys paul1948!

First off, stop posting so much! (I kid!)

Are you using sd or hd? CNN is on 99CA t 23 and History is 99CA t 19 for HD, and CNN is on 101 t 11 and History is 101 t 14 for SD. Neither is on the same transpoinder for either hd or sd. Did you check all of your connections?

Are you using sd or hd? CNN is on 99CA t 23 and History is 99CA t 19 for HD, and CNN is on 101 t 11 and History is 101 t 14 for SD. Neither is on the same transpoinder for either hd or sd. Did you check all of your connections?
Thank for the quick reply!!! I had been using the HD 202 and 269. I went back in and found that the standard definition 202 and 269 worked fine. Any idea why the HD aren't working? I've been using them for years.

If all of your other channels are working okay, it sounds like an lnb issue. What about ESPN or ESPN2? They are on the same transponder as CNN.

I checked sat 99 and t 23 and t 19 are showing 0. The other signal strengths ranged from 26 to 45 on sat 99.

I checked sat 99 and t 23 and t 19 are showing 0. The other signal strengths ranged from 26 to 45 on sat 99.
AH! Now I'm thinking alignment since your numbers are so low. They should be at least in the 80s, better in the 90s. Perhaps the dish mount has loosened?

If all of your other channels are working okay, it sounds like an lnb issue. What about ESPN or ESPN2? They are on the same transponder as CNN.
Both ESPN and ESPN2 are also out. I guess it must be an LNB problem. Dish is pointed just about perfectly.

AH! Now I'm thinking alignment since your numbers are so low. They should be at least in the 80s, better in the 90s. Perhaps the dish mount has loosened?
We have had high winds here several days ago. Dish could have been blown slightly out of alignment. Signal strengths on the 101 sat are showing between 85 and 100.

Both ESPN and ESPN2 are also out. I guess it must be an LNB problem. Dish is pointed just about perfectly.
What about the signal strengths on the other satellites? They should all be in the 90s. Disregard the 99s and 103s numbers.

Signals on 99ca range from 26 to 41 and on 99CB from 31 to 70.
Definitely sounds like an alignment issue. It could be the lnb. Do you have a spare to swap out? How accessible is the dish?

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like and alignment issue. It could be the lnb. Do you have a spare to swap out? How accessible is the dish?
Dish is accessible, however, I don't have a spare LNB to swap out. I saw one on ebay that is available for about $11.00. I want to thank you for the help, greatly appreciated!

That's what we are here for! Make sure you are getting the same model lnb.

Reactions: Soccernut
That's what we are here for! Make sure you are getting the same model lnb.
Here is a picture of mine. The ebay is a SL3, they look the same.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 125
  • ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 133
Here is a picture of mine. The ebay is a SL3, they look the same.
As long as you don't have a swm switch, that's the correct lnb. How many cables coming from the dish? If one, you are good to go.

I went outside and changed some settings on the dish and as it turns out, the dish was out of alignment. All is well now.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)