Channel 207 not working?

Voom Voom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hey all
Just wanted to check if channel 207 is working, I get a no satellite signal only on that channel..

help>info>System Status - Channel shows:

signal quality:96
sat. signal power / SNR: 89/15.15
Auth Status: N/A

the last one I thought was kinda weird.

I did a soft reboot but to no avail

Thanks
Justin

Actually now 205,207,208,209 are not working ...all in the HBO group

Every HBO channel except HBO2 on 205.......

Everyone of the channels you listed are working for me except for HBO2 on 205.

Maybe...........

Maybe Voom's contracts are starting to run out with their programming providers and didn't pay up enough to keep certain channels alive until May 1st??

its still working here in Idaho...with the exception of the channels that i mentioned earlier

Ok thanks. I unplugged the satellite cable hoping I could get to it before Voom sends a death hit to the box. I still have OTA and now I'm afraid to reconnect the cable. I did try most of the satellite channels and they were all black with no sound.

just called Voom, and they said they were not getting those channels either. They will look into it

Voom said:
did you check your satellite signal?

Yes. It was 95 before I disconnected the cable. But I'm afraid to reconnect it now. I guess it's only 2 days early. I would like to have had Voom for the next 2 days but at least I have an OTA tuner now.

Voom said:
Looks like Discovery HD (601) is down as well

Discovery HD is down on Dish right now too... at least for me, but thats the only HD channel down.... so i think thats some other problem other than VOOM.

I just checked again, and I'm still getting all the original channels mentioned plus Discovery HD...something weird must be going on, especially since Jeslevine is in the same general area as I am, and I've never lost any of them tonight, while he (or she) has. :confused: Vicki

I wonder if Voom is turning some boxes off at different times instead of doing them all at once. I don't know why they would do this but it seems to me that's what they are doing. What's weird is at this same time my screen went black, I heard an electronic tune that sounded like a partial song. It lasted maybe 1-2 seconds and that was it. Kind of like Vooms version of "A belea A belea A belea, that's all folks!"
I finally hooked my sat cable back up and all my Voom channels are still black. No sound and no picture. I still have a program guide though. So I disconnected it again and will probably leave it this way. I still have OTA. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)