channel 5749 FVOD

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I was updating my favorites list tonight after the Sirius changes and I happened to scroll down past the beginning of the Sirius range and saw something I never saw before. There was a channel listed on 5749 named FVOD and there was nothing in the description other than FVOD. Out of curiosity I selected it and I got a "please wait for the interactive application to download" screen. (By the way, why can't they just put all the applications on the hard drive to begin with? They've got 300GB to work with.) After a while it looked like it wasn't going to do anything so I hit cancel and nothing happened. I tried to change the channel and it froze with a black screen. After a power-button reset it came back up on the last channel I had been tuned to. I know from looking at www.dishchannelchart.com that there are a lot of virtual channels with data for various applications, but this is the first one I've seen actually show up as a selectable channel in the guide. Does anyone know what this is, or whether it's a glitch that it showed up in the guide?

Hey, for anyone else who has 5749 show up in their guide, the techs don't know what its doing there. Its not an official Dish Network channel and all it does is cause my receiver to reboot......Dish on Demand never comes up no matter how long I wait. The tech I talked to whose name I can't remember filed a report to engineering and suggested I tell anyone who also has this "channel" to call Tech Support so they can file a report to engineering so they know its not an isolated incident(which it obviously isn't). I'm not even sure its an "incident" at all........ a glitch, maybe.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)