Channel 901 Euro news ?????

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Anyone notice that Euronews is on currently on channel 901 on the 61.5.
Is this a free preview?
Does anyone know why this appeared?
E* made a huge deal about having the 118.7 in order to have this channel, and now its on the 61.5 anyway.

I think they have different versions in different languages there is also something called eurochannel that requires a 500+

This is one of the best news channels out there. Just pure news without a talking head telling you their opinion or with a 5 second sound clips.

This is one of the best news channels out there. Just pure news without a talking head telling you their opinion or with a 5 second sound clips.

100 % correct on this!

It seems Trace( free mtv like channel is missing)

I use to get but its gone from menu...

All they do is play music videos..Its great!

Anyone still get this?

I think the channel is great, But how long will it last?
I called E* and they flat out refuse to turn this channel on fulltime without a 500+ or a 1000+ dish.
Even though euronews is clearly on the 61.5.
So whats the reason for this?

<sigh>

They'd install the dish for free, so it's not like they're making a buck on it.

I think the channel is great, But how long will it last?
I called E* and they flat out refuse to turn this channel on fulltime without a 500+ or a 1000+ dish.
Even though euronews is clearly on the 61.5.
So whats the reason for this?

They're moving it to 118.7 so they don't want to activate any international channels on 61.5 (and 148 when it was still alive)

<sigh>

They'd install the dish for free, so it's not like they're making a buck on it.
Free? Afraid not.
$99 without a commitment or "Free" with a 24 month commitment.
Doesn't sound free to me.
So if I want a $1.99 A la Carte euronews I have to pay $100 or Sign a 24 month commitment.
Great Deal!
<sigh>

Free? Afraid not.
$99 without a commitment or "Free" with a 24 month commitment.
Doesn't sound free to me.
So if I want a $1.99 A la Carte euronews I have to pay $100 or Sign a 24 month commitment.
Great Deal!
<sigh>
well it wont add on to a current commit..it will cancel that commit and start a new one..

I'm not concerned about a 2 yr commitment, I'm not going anywhere. So I guess it's "free of charge" if you want it to be.

You're missing the point, the commitments are stupid, period. And don't say "what about the hardware costs", because if you cancel they get their hardware back.

It's also stupid to charge to install a dish NEEDED for the customer's subscription! When I subscribed to Gold HD a few years ago, not an upgrade mind you but a new subscription, they would've charged me extra for the 61.5 dish! That's insane no matter how you try to justify it! I lucked out of paying it because the local retailer forgot to tell me about it, and when they realized it they did the right thing and covered the cost themselves voluntarily.

well it wont add on to a current commit..it will cancel that commit and start a new one..
How do you figure?
I have 3 months left on a commitment currently. I sign up for Euro news, and Now I have a 24 months left on a commitment.
24 is more then 3 so IMO thats adding to a commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts