Channel 9701

angelstar

Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Hi, I'm curious if anyone else is having trouble getting channel 9701? It's totally black for us. All the other channels come in great, so was wondering if it's from SA or if it's something with us? We don't have it locked. I tried to call SA, but they are closed until Monday so thought maybe someone here might have an idea? Thanks!

I am currently having an issue with all the channels on odd transponders (Angel 1 is just one of them). But my problem is strictly a local one. It's probably my LNB or cable.

Anyway, can anyone with SA take a look at channel 9701 and report in?

Thanks

See ya
Tony

9701 fine here.

Tony, I am having problems with transponder 32 only on my 501.

The board has decided either a tuner is dying or my cable run is bad.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I've had a weird one recently.

My 501 will occasionally show a blank screen. The weird part is that the info banner displays (correct info, too) and I can switch channels - only no picture and no audio. I am using S-video and optical audio into my home theater receiver. Rebooting the 501 clears things up, but the check switch routine does take a while.

It's happened twice now in the past week or so. I'm assuming there was a recent software upgrade that introduced a bug, but have not kept track of the versions lately. Currently I am at P302.

Red

angelstar said:
Hi, I'm curious if anyone else is having trouble getting channel 9701? It's totally black for us. All the other channels come in great, so was wondering if it's from SA or if it's something with us? We don't have it locked. I tried to call SA, but they are closed until Monday so thought maybe someone here might have an idea? Thanks!

You need a new yellow card. Sometime in Sept. DISH pulled Angel One off the blue card.

Just an update. The reason I couldn't get the 9701 channel is because Dish Network is doing something different and if you have an older receiver, the card has to be updated. I got my new card in the mail and it solved this problem. 9701 comes in just fine now. According to SA, all the channels on SA will eventually be switched and if you have an old card in the receiver, you won't be able to get any of the channels. The card was free and sent in the mail. They told me when I signed up that it automatically sent Dish Network my info so they would know to send me a new card. Hope this info helps.

Make sure your "billing/home address" info with Skyangel is current! That way when E* sends the card before the turn off of the nag1 you'll receive still receive Skyangel.

I received a card about 6 months ago from E* and im a skyangel only customer and I did the swap in my 4900.

Skyangel Closed until Monday

connecting skyangel & reg. dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)