Channel 998 smart card channel after swapping old smart cards out.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I noticed the smart card channel appeared again and thought that it was only supposed to show only if you needed to swap out your old cards. I have swapped out my old cards a couple of weeks ago on my 211, and both of my 301s and like 4 months ago on my 722. They all have the new purple g3 smart cards. I called dish and they told me everybody was seeing this channel now and not to worry that my cards wouldn't expire. I also noticed that it was coming off of satellite 118. Is anybody else seeing this channel after the smart card swap?

I still see channel 998 and I have the G3 cards installed. I was under the same impression you were that the channel was there to help us determine if our cards where upgraded. I'll find out more and let you know.

You are probably not seeing it cause you have a dish 1000 pointed at 110 119 and 129 and I have a dish 1000+ pointed at 118.7 110 119 and i took the lnb off of 129 and put a wing dish up at 61.5 so i could get hd locals. But i noticed the channel 998 is coming off of 118.

Channel 998 appeared in my program guide several days before receiving a new smart card from Dish. It disappeared immediately after the new card was installed though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)