Channel change during recording!!!

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
This was just nuts. Never had anything like this happen. I had a recording set for Midnight on the Science channel. It would record for one hour. When I started to watch the playback, after about 5-6 minutes the recording channel jumped to CBS and Letterman. It played him until the next (whatever) show comes on. After the one hour the recording ended. All this time the info for this recording still showed the Science channel and the show info.
This is nuts. What happened?
No other recordings were running at that time.

Sounds odd. The change was from 193 science to 9, my local CBS. They are both still in the same place.
Did you check transponder numbers, not channel numbers, of course there is probably no way to see where they were yesterday, only where they are now.

With no other recordings at the time even if someone changed the channel it would not affect the recording. Sounds like something that happened at the Satellite end. There are a few instances over the year of a channel showing up at the wrong guide number.

Cat out cold at night. You can pound on control and channel being recorded will not change. I guess Dish could have flipped something but can not tell now. Sure was an odd event.
Oh, well.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)