Channel changes network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
The current Fox channel here is going to move to a channel that was CW this summer. I'm just wondering if some of y'all that have experienced this had any DVR confusion or did the guide pick right up on it and record your shows right? The vast majority of the shows we DVR regularly are on Fox so we wanna be prepared.

The local Fox in Idaho Falls/Pocatello changed to what used to be mytv last year. You'll need to reset your timers to the new channel. I had to do that.

The current Fox channel here is going to move to a channel that was CW this summer. I'm just wondering if some of y'all that have experienced this had any DVR confusion or did the guide pick right up on it and record your shows right? The vast majority of the shows we DVR regularly are on Fox so we wanna be prepared.

Charlotte I assume? (we have a big thread in the OTA area about the change)

basically all you'll have to do is change your timers to reflect the network change.

Charlotte I assume? (we have a big thread in the OTA area about the change)

basically all you'll have to do is change your timers to reflect the network change.
That would be correct. Capital Broadcasting of Raleigh has sold WJZY-TV ch 46 and WWWB-TV Ch 55 to the Fox Network( News corp.) The current Fox affiliate WCCB-TV Ch 18 will lose it's status as a Fox affiliate this summer.
No doubt all Fox programming including NFL Football and NASCAR will leave Ch 18 and head over to WJZY.. I can tell you this, Ch.46 has 5 subchannels and the OTA reception is superior to CH 18.

That would be correct. Capital Broadcasting of Raleigh has sold WJZY-TV ch 46 and WWWB-TV Ch 55 to the Fox Network( News corp.) The current Fox affiliate WCCB-TV Ch 18 will lose it's status as a Fox affiliate this summer.
I'm fully aware of the happenings(again see the big thread in the OTA section) ;)
It was more of a confirmation to the the OP

No doubt all Fox programming including NFL Football and NASCAR will leave Ch 18 and head over to WJZY.. I can tell you this, Ch.46 has 5 subchannels and the OTA reception is superior to CH 18.
I only see 3 channels on 46
Antenna TV
This TV
Country Network

No doubt some will probably get shoved to co-owned My or even dropped. Fox O&O dont like subchannels unless its a cross with My. They do that in the VHF markets where Fox is on VHF and My is on UHF. Minneapolis is one of them. If you scan RF9 you get 9-1 Fox and 29-2 My. If you scan RF29 you get 29-1 My and 9-2 Fox.

Sorry to kinda take it off track ;)

(actually Fox is launching a movies channel called "Movies!" that will be on Fox O&O's so they'll put that on 46....assuming they put Fox there)

Thanks for the info guys. And yes it is Charlotte,home of rasslin and racin and hopefully soon a homecoming for Hugo the prodigal bug!

Thanks for the info guys. And yes it is Charlotte,home of rasslin and racin and hopefully soon a homecoming for Hugo the prodigal bug!

So you're thinking the NBA team here will take back the name "Hornets"?...DO you think it will make a difference in attendance? After all, the on court product is CRAP.

So you're thinking the NBA team here will take back the name "Hornets"?...DO you think it will make a difference in attendance? After all, the on court product is CRAP.
I would predict a slight uptick in attendance but more than likely team merchandise sales would go through the roof. The name is available now and means nothing to any other city/region so we should jump on it. Shinn broke our hearts then Johnson came in and alienated a huge fanbase of viewers that had satellite tv or other small cable outlets by going with a TWC exclusive network the first few seasons. I know in my case with Directv, I had absolutely no NBA coverage on our RSNs for years.

I would predict a slight uptick in attendance but more than likely team merchandise sales would go through the roof. The name is available now and means nothing to any other city/region so we should jump on it. Shinn broke our hearts then Johnson came in and alienated a huge fanbase of viewers that had satellite tv or other small cable outlets by going with a TWC exclusive network the first few seasons. I know in my case with Directv, I had absolutely no NBA coverage on our RSNs for years.

I found it remarkable how George Shinn went from the most popular guy in the Carolinas to public enemy number one.
Heck I used to go to Knight's games in the early 90's when he owned the club. The guy could not walk to his seat without getting an standing ovation.
I think the whole thing came crashng down way before the alleged cheerleader thing.
When the City explored the possibility of selling the Coliseum to retire the debt, the idea was presented to Shinn. One city council member balked, Her problem was control of the building. That kind of pissed off Shinn.
Then Council member Don Reid dropped the big bomb. He told the media "let's back off this and see what the market value of the building is"...With that Shinn went ballistic and basically told the City to shove it.
Had Reid not opened his yapper, I believe the Hornets would have stayed for many years. It was a very good franchise.
This thing Charlotte has now is am exercise in futility. It is my guess that within the next 5 years, Jordan puts up the team for sale. And I think it gets sold and the team is relocated.
I know people that work security at the TWC Arena. I hear from them that a typical crowd for a weekday Cats game is around 5,000 to 6,000 fans in the seats. Add a couple thousand for the weekend games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.