channel distribution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

knute

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
The new house we are buying has sat tv set up where there is a central AV cabinet that has 4 dtv receivers that are tied to 4 devices that then send each receiver's info throughout the house into the coax system. That way each TV has access to all 4 DTV sets depending on which channel the TV is set to. This is controlled by wireless programmable wall units. I think the guy called it "channel moxing" Is this the correct term? I cant seem to find anything on the web about it and would like to do some research.

Thanks
Bill

Check out Crestron, www.crestron.com A house my folks purchased has it, but I yanked out the simulcasting video traps, since they weakened the cable signal levels. Had new coax fished throughout the house for D* and E*, so some rooms have cable and D* and a few have all 3 services. Can't get enough HD, haha! Anyway, besides the 4 D* receivers, what else was in that cabinet? If it wasn't Crestron, whatever manufacturer it is, will help you find it on the web. Good luck.

There is a CD changer, AM/FM tuner, and XM radio that are all controlled by the wall switched so you can listen to any CD or XM channel in any room. Each room has a wall control unit that is programmed from the remotes of each component. These are not tied in with the coax jacks though. Each DTV receiver output goes into one of these 4 units. (One for each receiver) The output then goes into distribution box that sends a coax to each room. Each receiver signal is then picked up on a specific TV channel. What is this type of system called? Anyone heard of channel moxing?

Should be 4 video modulators each creating a UHF or Cable channel so you can use the TV's built in tuner nothing really new about that. I am guessing the term you are looking for is muxing.

muxing....thanks, thats the word I was trying to explain. thanks again

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)