Channel guide errors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pinballtech

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
What is up with the errors on the channel guide ? For several years my public TV channel has shown programs that aren't correct. I called Dish when I first noticed it and was told to let the nightly update do its thing and it would be corrected. Of course that correction never happened. Now in addition several channels are showing in the description first shown on the current date for reruns from 6 years ago. Now some English language programs have the description in Spanish. Is there anyone at home at Dish to ever check these things ? I think not. I hate calling Dish because their responses are scripted and nearly impossible to escalate to a higher level CSR. This happened with an older Hopper 3 and the same results with a replacement about a year ago.

• Sad
Reactions: DJ Lon and TheKrell
What is up with the errors on the channel guide ? For several years my public TV channel has shown programs that aren't correct. I called Dish when I first noticed it and was told to let the nightly update do its thing and it would be corrected. Of course that correction never happened. Now in addition several channels are showing in the description first shown on the current date for reruns from 6 years ago. Now some English language programs have the description in Spanish. Is there anyone at home at Dish to ever check these things ? I think not. I hate calling Dish because their responses are scripted and nearly impossible to escalate to a higher level CSR. This happened with an older Hopper 3 and the same results with a replacement about a year ago.
:deadhorse2

when I recently had dish I noticed the guide / channel info was wrong on 2 of my locals. the channel call signs, numbers and program listings were all wrong. tech support said reboot the hopper and the guide will update overnight. I had dish for 4 months and it was never fixed. don't know if its a dish issue or the supplier of the guide info. but those same channels are correct on directv. maybe they use different companies that supply guide info.

We had some unusual program descriptions yesterday. Several shows on Travel Channel and A&E were generic descriptions written in Spanish, though later episodes were described in English. MeTV's description for tonight's Svengoolie show listed the movie name correctly (Gargoyles), with the description, "The Acura MDX and the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat are featured."

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell

Attachments

• 21q-1ednsh.jpg
    21q-1ednsh.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 187
It would appear OP is new. Rather than beating a dead horse, they just don't care enough to read the forum, because they are unique and nobody has possibly had this issue.
I'm not new to this site, I just have not posted much. I did read and searched with no results. I thought someone might have some insight to share but as always instead of being helpful there is always some db that would rather respond with a smart ass comment instead.

Maybe I'm not the only one with this issue as ClarkGable says. It's not just the locals, it is HDTV, Discovery and some others. Tivo doesn't seem to have this problem so maybe some providers have a better handle on it than others.

Maybe I'm not the only one with this issue as ClarkGable says.
You are not! Dish has had this problem forever and there are a large number of threads already started on this very subject. Yes, it is annoying, given the importance of these guides. Dish even switched guide providers a couple of years ago and it got much worse before it got about as good as it was before. :(

The only big improvement I can recall in all my years with Dish is sending out the guide for OTA channels even when we don't sub to satellite locals. That was a big big improvement and allows me to save $12/mo.
It is a provider issue. Dish pays the fee and uses it. Just because Dish does not respond to us here it doesn't mean they aren't paying attention.
Well... If they are paying attention, I have noticed very few reports of success getting Dish to fix any guide issue whatsoever. And I do remember reading several reports that other providers do not have the same, or as many, problems as Dish does fixing their guide.

I'm not new to this site, I just have not posted much. I did read and searched with no results. I thought someone might have some insight to share but as always instead of being helpful there is always some db that would rather respond with a smart ass comment instead.

Maybe I'm not the only one with this issue as ClarkGable says. It's not just the locals, it is HDTV, Discovery and some others. Tivo doesn't seem to have this problem so maybe some providers have a better handle on it than others.
There is no possible way you searched this site and found nothing about Dish guide issues. Maybe if you used "O freddled gruntbuggly" as the search term, but even then it is doubtful.

There is no possible way you searched this site and found nothing about Dish guide issues. Maybe if you used "O freddled gruntbuggly" as the search term, but even then it is doubtful.
There is no possible way you called me new if you would have read the date that I joined. I guess you are too lazy to read. Just because I didn't find the answer doesn't make the failure of Dish to properly maintain the guide acceptable. And last I checked you aren't a moderator and no one put you in charge of BS comments to make yourself feel smarter.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
There is no possible way you called me new if you would have read the date that I joined. I guess you are too lazy to read. Just because I didn't find the answer doesn't make the failure of Dish to properly maintain the guide acceptable. And last I checked you aren't a moderator and no one put you in charge of BS comments to make yourself feel smarter.
I already answered that. I called you new based on the site calling you new. You are the one who can't read. Goodbye, troll. Speaking of mods, hey mods, is there any reason this thread even needs to exist, let alone remain open?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts