Channel Guide on Voom Channels

Yesterday, I had it on one of my 942s just fine , 8 days out ,then today back to no information out past an hour on several Voom channels. A switch check doesn't help either; it still says no information.

Monsters PG data was only there for 24 hours on my 942 (this actually happened Thursday night), the others appeared to be ok. The PG for all VOOM channels look fine this morning on my end. Maybe VOOM's content looping device broke down. :rolleyes:

The last 2 or 3 days I have had part of the program guide say "No info available" for 9470, 9479, 9484, 9481--I think and still happening today. Called a DISH rep and she said it is happening to everyone and they are working on it. Wish VOOm would let us know what happened so we won't quit trying to mess with our own equipment, when it is not our problem.

Can't click on any future programming to DVR--that will certainly decrease VOOM's ratings--can't watch what we don't know is on.

I am still having lip sync problems as well on the Guy tv channel. Add that with no guide and I am glad I am not paying more than $5.00 for it. I sure hope they get all these glitches fixed by the time they add the other 11 channels next year.

I've experiences many outbreaks of guide 'blanking' the past week or two on the Voom, and a recording of "Bob Roberts" had serious lip sync issues as well...I too hope they fix all these issues. I am increasingly feeling like the current E*V subs are getting the "stop-gap" treatment...just coasting/filling time until the service gets a broader release. It'll be an easier sell come MPEG-4 time if the service gets a real positive buzz by having been good all along, I'd think.

I've spoken to E* support and as said above, they are aware of the problem.

It was explained to me that they were hoping to fix it shortly, perhaps in the next few days. Apparently this problem got worse after the L229 early this month.

I was told though the EPG is updated (if you have it enabled) every night, there are small updates sent down a few times an hour. I guess that is why sometimes I see the entire Voom schedule at first and then checking back a few hours later, it is missing the info.

In my situation, the only channels that show this problem are RAVE, ULTRA, GUYTV, MONSTERS, and HDNEWS. The current program and the following program are always shown with whatever comes next shown as "No Info Available.

If the EPG is working for the full term and I set a timer, the timer may not fire if the EPG loses the info. Checking the timers under Schedule will show the timer but it is missing from the main list.