channel info on OTA digital

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
Does anyone know when dish will put the channel info on digital OTA channels. All i get is a "no info available". Also, at what signal percentage does the channel start breaking up on OTA digital. On my 811 it is 59%. As long as it stays at 60% it looks perfect but if it hits 59% it start pixelating.

OTA information

Probably will never happen unless satellite starts providing these channels. You may get the analog equivalent provided by "dish" and see the programming details, otherwise I use TitanTv.com to see what is on digital programming with our locals.

Welcome aboard, skybird!

Actually, programming data for OTA stations is currently "in the works", and due to be rolled out, probably on a model-by-model basis, over the next few months.

OTA Programming

Thanks for the update "SimpleSimon". That is good news, and thanks for the welcome aboard. I have had satellite for over a year now, but I am a newbie to this HDTV and sub channel OTA thing. It's great to learn new technology from people like you and others on these forums. Good site to visit.

You're welcome skybird. :)

I don't know how V* or D* does it, but E* appears to be going with Gemstar technology - probably as part of the legal settlement, or whatever.

Point is, for whatever reason, they got a late start, but eventually the check to Gary will clear. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts