Channel is currently not available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
I had my directv service installed on July 5th and still get a message when tuning to an "on demand" channel that says the channel is currently not available. For example when I tune to channel 1000 I get a message that says "1000 (DTV) is currently not available". Also, when I select menu, search and browse, movies, I get a message that says "Movies is currently updating. Please check back in 1 hour". The "TV Apps" do seem to work, and the receiver shows that it is connected to my WiFi connection. Should I contact Directv and complain, or is this normal till everything is downloaded?

Follow these fun steps:

1. Go to the smart search menu
2. Type CLEARMYBOX as if you were searching for a show with that name.
3. Press the red button. It will tell you that it didn't find anything.
4. Do nothing and wait about 10 seconds. It will then shut off and reboot.

This fixes the issue you described within 2 days. Tip: When it comes back on, you will see no guide art (channel logos, show art, etc). When that comes back, you should check on demand. It might not work yet, but should within the 2 days I mentioned. Good luck.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)