Channel list vs. Comcast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
Sorry if this has been asked before. Has anyone posted an HD channel list of Directv compared to Comcast including on Demand HD?

The problem with a list like what you want is that all Comcast cable systems are not created equal. While some systems might have a bunch of HD channels and OnDemand others have only a fraction of the channels due to system contraints.

There is a link floating around somewhere that will allow you to type in a zip code and compare. Maybe someone has it on-hand; but I am looking for it.

Comcast is going on the concept that they have more HD "Content" because they have On Demand offerings that are in HD, but even that is questionable, since it depends on how you "count" an HD offering. For example, my Dad has Comcast with all the movie channels, which includes like Starz HD On Demand, but he doesn't get all the Starz channels in HD that D* offers. So which is technically more HD? With On Demand, you have more HD programming available at any given time, but those multiple channels will probably give you more HD movies than what is just offered on the Starz On Demand service.

As far as HD Channels, D* wins hands down. As I said, my dad has Comcast, and while his HD offerings have increased in the past 6 months like D*, he still doesn't get FX HD, ESPNEWS HD, VH1 HD, Spike HD, various RSNs, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts