Channel Logos

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I just came to Dish from Directv and there is one thing that I really, really miss...thats their channel logos, you know the logo of the channel you are watching in the top of the screen (if you have ever had D* you know what I am talking about). Why doesn't Dish use these, do you think they will ever send an update to our receivers that has channel logos?

Could you elaborate for those of us who are D* deprived, because what it sounds like is something I would find irritating. Is the logo there all the time or only when the info data is displayed?

No it is not there all the time, it is only there when the channel banner comes up (pressing info or changing the channel) it comes in very handy and adds to the ease of viewing experience (seeing a familiar logo is much easier than reading what abbreviation they have to figure out what channel it is). For example my local NBC affiliate is WOAI instead of seeing that in the channel banner (like we do with Dish) you would see the NBC Peacock logo.

Last edited:
stellar832000,

You'd love Starchoice then up here in Canada. Wow I miss them; wait no I don't as I watch TV for the programing and that's why I went with ExpressVU.

Starchoice have logos in their channel guide and onscreen; they would fit the Directv bill also in the fact that they too offer next to no HD programming. :)

Kryspy

stellar832000 said:
I just came to Dish from Directv and there is one thing that I really, really miss...thats their channel logos, you know the logo of the channel you are watching in the top of the screen (if you have ever had D* you know what I am talking about). Why doesn't Dish use these, do you think they will ever send an update to our receivers that has channel logos?

I think logos is the new gay channel.....;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)