Channel Master DVR advise?

I do alot of recording and I want the newest technology so because channel master is an offshoot of DISH, Im leaning that way. I am def. considering tablo and simple tv though. I was worried about the pic quality if Tablo and simple stream only without a hard wired connection but the truth is my Roku3 streamed has a better pic than my DISH satellite compressed pic. The Roku broadcasts in 1080p. I still like the hard wire though so Im leaning CM.

The only reason to choose Tablo or Simple.TV over Channel Master DVR+ is if you need to stream to multiple Rokus. Channel Master DVR+ is a pure antenna signal, uncompressed, the others encode to .mp4 or something like that for easy streaming. Picture quality is probably fine, but definitely not as good as a straight connection from antenna to TV. I would also not underestimate the speed loss you'd see without a hardwired ethernet connection, unless you're sure you have strong Wifi at home.

I was in the same situation about six months ago. When I did the math it wasn't much more for a Roamio with lifetime over the Channel Master with wireless adapter and hard drive upgrade. I got the code off ebay to reduce the Roamio price some. Add in the happy wife factor and that pushed Roamio to even, throw in the Mini and that blew the completion away.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts