Channel Stack Splitters

Dish traditionally uses Band Stacking Switch (BSS) technology, whille DirecTV traditionally uses Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology. SWM is CSS technology. Of course, BSS and CSS are incompatible.

To the OP: it's easier and more reliable to simply get the dish branded switches and nodes, etc. it seems to be more difficult to find third parties that manufacturer switching technology that will work on Dish, but they are out there but very hard to find are not necessarily less expensive than getting the dish branded switches and noted cetera. on the other hand, it is very easy to get third party switch and technology that will work with DirecTV. keep in mind that any switching technology that is not dish branded voids the warranty and if anything should need repair or replacement it all on you. also dish only stands behind Holland branded splitters combiners etc as an approved third party equipment. the use of only approved equipment not only maintains the Warranty but is guaranteed to work on a dish system and if it doesn't dish will stand behind all approved equipment and replace as per protection plan or current policies that may be at no cost to you.

Can anyone confirm if Dish is still using BSS for Hopper 3 and still not using CSS technology. it is just been a guess of mine that for the H3, Dish is still using BSS and the first capacity for 8 tuners is on one set of bands while the other 8 tuners are on the same bands but 180 degrees out of phase of from the other. That is just a complete guess.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
Dish traditionally uses Band Stacking Switch (BSS) technology, whille DirecTV traditionally uses Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology. SWM is CSS technology. Of course, BSS and CSS are incompatible.

To the OP: it's easier and more reliable to simply get the dish branded switches and nodes, etc. it seems to be more difficult to find third parties that manufacturer switching technology that will work on Dish, but they are out there but very hard to find are not necessarily less expensive than getting the dish branded switches and noted cetera. on the other hand, it is very easy to get third party switch and technology that will work with DirecTV. keep in mind that any switching technology that is not dish branded voids the warranty and if anything should need repair or replacement it all on you. also dish only stands behind Holland branded splitters combiners etc as an approved third party equipment. the use of only approved equipment not only maintains the Warranty but is guaranteed to work on a dish system and if it doesn't dish will stand behind all approved equipment and replace as per protection plan or current policies that may be at no cost to you.

Can anyone confirm if Dish is still using BSS for Hopper 3 and still not using CSS technology. it is just been a guess of mine that for the H3, Dish is still using BSS and the first capacity for 8 tuners is on one set of bands while the other 8 tuners are on the same bands but 180 degrees out of phase of from the other. That is just a complete guess.
Thank you for your reply and all the great info.
I'm starting to think I'm chasing a myth. Someone on here suggested using a channel stack splitter with a DPH system to connect multiple Wally receivers as an alternative to cascading DPP44 switches but I haven't been able to find any channel stack splitters for Dish and I haven't heard pros like Hipkat mention them. This seems odd to me because I've always been able to easily find and buy any Dish equipment.
BTW does anyone know how many DPP44 switches can be connected to a dish?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you for your reply and all the great info.
I'm starting to think I'm chasing a myth. Someone on here suggested using a channel stack splitter with a DPH system to connect multiple Wally receivers as an alternative to cascading DPP44 switches but I haven't been able to find any channel stack splitters for Dish and I haven't heard pros like Hipkat mention them. This seems odd to me because I've always been able to easily find and buy any Dish equipment.
BTW does anyone know how many DPP44 switches can be connected to a dish?
I have seen a diagram for six DPP44 switches. When I had four HWSs I had two switches connected to a DISH 1000+ dish.

Four Hoppers? :eeek

Here is a pic of my headend when I had four HWSs and one Joey 1.

HopperHeadEndPri.jpg

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts