ChannelMaster fiberglass dish with no bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Change

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
I've come across a fiberglass Channelmaster dish, it's got the mounting arms for the LNB, but no bracket on the back. Where might I find an appropriate bracket for use with a H-H motor?

What size dish? May be possible to clamp on a regular DirecTV or even a Dishnetwork 500 bracket/mount, that would also let you skew.
Has been done!

Alas, I tried a DirecTV bracket, it's the wrong size.
Offset dish, 30" wide, 32.5" high. The bolts are 5" apart left-to-right, and 5.25" apart top-to-bottom.

One member used a bit of thin wood to take up the difference, of course paint or treat the wood.

Hm. Perhaps a sheet of metal and one of the DirecTV mounts, instead. The mounting holes are awfully close though, I think the bolts on the dish will interfere with the DirecTV mount. A source for the original mounts for this dish would be ideal...

Tomorrow I'll see if I can read the model number off the back of the dish, so far I've not been able to find any information on this particular dish from ChannelMaster's site.

*edit*
A bit more searching, and I've found this: http://www.channelmaster.com/pdf/75CM.PDF
Pretty sure that's the dish I've got. The default bracket doesn't appear to be very well-suited to use with a motor, though. Curses! It's unfortunate there aren't many walk-in stores that carry FTA dishes, I hate paying so much for shipping.

Last edited:
The mount in that picture looks awfully close to a Primestar dish mount. Many guy's have motorized those dishes by flipping the mount over and using PVC pipe shims to take up the space between the mount and the motor shaft. You might want to check out a P* mount.

Primestar used channel master dishes. Some of the channel master dishes primestar used were like these and came in about 3 different sizes. Based on your measurements I sounds like yours is like the ones we commonly refer to as "round" primestars although as you know they're not actually round. They are however closer to being round than the other oval primestar dishes which were also made by channel master but used a mount that was simialr but slightly smaller. Anyway, your best bet is to look at the other threads where people have fabricated thier own custom mounts for primestar dishes and use that for ideas about constructing your own mount. I believe there was a thread here very recently where someone did something with a primestar dish that was like yours. See what dirtyshame and others did in this thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=23072

Excellent, thanks! I'll see what I can kludge together. If it becomes too much of a pain, I'll order a new dish.

Change, what are the measurements of your dish (height and width)? If you have a roundish dish, chances are its either a 1 meter or a 1.2. It could also be a .75, but the .75's have a smaller mount. The 1.2's often have a larger mount than the 1.0's. On the back of the dish, Channel Master usually put a stamp that has the mold type...

Unfortunately, none of these Channel Master AZ-EL mounts work well on a motor due to their weight.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts