Fiberglass dish repair

gabewinches

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2020
I recently got a 1.2m prodelin dish used for hughesnet. It cleaned up very well but It has some chipping in the fiberglass and I can see the mesh embedded in the dish in a few spots. what do you to fix this or should I not worry and leave it alone. IMG_8065.jpeg
IMG_8127.jpeg
IMG_8124.jpeg
IMG_8123.jpeg
IMG_8125.jpeg

Reactions: stecle
Nice dish! Coincidentally I am taking down a Prodelin tomorrow morning.

How did you get the dish so clean? I have a couple Prodelins that need it.

I respect the fact that you want to fix the dings and make your dish as aesthetically appealing as possible. I definitely would do it if you have the time.

Reactions: gabewinches
Nice dish! Coincidentally I am taking down a Prodelin tomorrow morning.

How did you get the dish so clean? I have a couple Prodelins that need it.

I respect the fact that you want to fix the dings and make your dish as aesthetically appealing as possible. I definitely would do it if you have the time.

5292deaf78e73377b8f0917cc9fc2177.jpg

I used this cleaner from home depot and a regular kitchen sponge for most of it and a stiff brush for some areas that were not getting clean enough. its a much better option than using a pressure washer as this would likely damage the dish especially it being older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Automotive spot filler. Feather out with 220. Couple of light coats of sandable primer.
Wet base coat of flat rattle can paint. A dry coat (step back 2X the distance) just when the base coat flashes. Let it dry overnight. Could finish with a few light wet coats of flat clear Minwax rattle can. The substrate will be sealed and looking good.