Channelmaster (the channel editing program)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well I finally got some use of Channelmaster and may I say...this thing KICKS ASS!! :)

I finally got the Coolsat 5000 hooked up to my 2nd motorized setup and scanned everything from 61-105 (my LOS on this one wont let me go past 105 west)

When I got done, I had a lot of channels that just said

transponder, polarity - satellite so it looked like
12111 H 6598 - Galaxy 3C

So I figured "lets see how Channelmaster really works". Only reason I had ever used this was to upload a channel list so I could update my software in the unit. So I never really worked with it on a full potential

So I uploaded my channels into Channelmaster and started working on it.

I didnt know all the stuff this thing can do!
-changed names on probably 30 channels
-organized them in order how I wanted it
-eliminated all the C-Band satellites on the list
-organized the satellite list so it goes from east to west in order
-elimiated some bogus transponders (warning on this...if you do it via CM you lose the channels that are on that TP...if you do it via the box they don't get deleted)

Took about 1/2 hour and threw it back in the box. VOILA..updated channel list in box :)

(only issue is it reset all my LO frequencies to 5150 instead of 10750....but it kept my 1.2 settings :D

I A VERY HAPPY CAMPER

I was unable to find a reference to it via Google (too generic a search). Is it freely available?
-- /v\atthew​

I modded a MyTheatre channel list today with this software, it is very slick. I too like being able to finally get the satellites arranged from east to west. I didn't know channelmaster now supports the coolsat 5000. The more I hear about the 5000, the more I want it!!

sidekick & starman

to make it work with the Coolsats, you need to use the loader that you would use to download software into it

-Open the Coolsat loader
-click on channels tab
-switch it to say receiver ->PC
-hit start (it will ask you to name it)
-when completed, click on the file you just created and it will open in Channelmaster

You do the same thing to put it back into the receiver. When you save it in CM, then open the loader, select channels, select file and hit "start" and it will download everything back to it. I'll see if I can get some screen shots :)

Thanks Ice, the screenshots would definitely help. What exactly is the purpose of ChannelMaster? Is it merely to organize the stations without having to manually edit and move the channels into an order like you have to do with the Coolsat?

I tried to do screenshots but they didn’t work real well. They looked like crap and it was hard to read.

Channelmaster allows you to move channels around and rename them. That’s the main reason people use it. Instead of having to use the remote to rename channels, you click on the name and rename it via the computer. Works really slick : )
Also allows you to delete trandponders, bulk delete channels, and my favorite…move the satellite list around so you can set it up in order from 61-129 : )

If you have the newest loader (2.2…even 2.2 works) just click on the tab that says channels and then pick “from receiver to PC”. Once it uploads it from the receiver it opens CM automatically

Here is some computer screenshots....when you click connect it asks you to save it as a name

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 506
Pepper said:
Any idea if this will work with the MRX1000?

I honeslty don't know. The Microyal setup is like a Digiwave, which is does support. I used my KUSat (Digiwave clone) and uploaded a channel list to it with no issues. You have to load it as a text file first. (you would use the loader and say "read data")

It works with the 6000...you have to upload your channels with the Pansat loader and then open it with Channelmaster but it works :)

I guess I should have explained myself better when I P.M'd you awhile back. I've been using channelmaster now for 4 months. It beats manual entry and there is a pile of lists out there already compiled with FTA, you name it ,T5, G10r, Amc 4. and the nice thing is you can cut and paste. so if you download a channel list with a few differences (new FTA find for instance), you can just cut and paste into your master list. The only thing I wish worked is the naming of the favorites. For my digiwave, I tried to name them and it didn't accept it once flashed. I haven't setup the Fortec ultra yet (cheap buy on Ebay by the way)(for my cabin in the bush), but I am hoping this works better for that.

For those that have not used it, but savvy with software, its really easy to use. I just experimented and tried things out before I created a digiwave TXT file, then flashed and tried it out. Awsome program to say the least.

you dont even need to be savvy to work with it :)

It's just a fun program to rename channels and move stuff around

Iceberg,
Will channelmaster allow you to rename and use the "default" 1.2 sat positions in the pansat? The ones that you cannot save a sat position to.
Thanks in advance....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)