Channels App

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Checking out all the cord cutting news I ran across the channel app and all the updates they have done in the last year or so. I will admit I saw them last year but didnt pay much attention but now, they blew me away with what they could do. They act as a guide and dvr service and at 8 a month or 80 a year are on the high end, but with the updates it actually makes sense. They have added using your TVE (Tv everywhere) login and bringing those channels into the guide (ONLY the channels that use TVE and are not drm protected such as hbo). Not only does it bring into the guide and stream it as a channel but you can also DVR it, I set my server up last night and setting my HD homerun up tonight I have to see how this goes and what the quality is like. Anyone use this>

I've been using this since October and I think it's a great replacement for those moving on from Tivo. Support for TVE has grown but no single streaming service has it all. Sling having the poorest support for it only showing some channels. The people behind this software are always hearing out the users and keep making the software better and better. At the moment I am still with Xfinity even though I'm still trying to find a way to move on from them. Also currently trying out ATT NOW to see how ATT TV would be like. So I have 3 sources for Channels DVR. OTA with a 4 tuner HD HOMERUN, Xfinity and ATT. The integration is seamless.

I set it up on my media server a few months ago, when I was trying the various OTT services. I haven't ever enabled it yet. Plex works fine with my HD Homerun Quattro for what I use it for and I have the Tivo for primary OTA use.

My dad and stepmom have adjusted to using YoutubeTV for their pay tv viewing and still use a Tivo for OTA. If it gets to where I needed a single app to integrate YoutubeTV, Philo and OTA then I would use Channels dvr. Right now, it's just something else to pay for, that I don't really need.

I use my Edision OS MIO 4K STB as my OTA tuner and DVR. It harvests PSIP data twice a day on the schedule I set, has a nice interactive EPG, and I have a 2.0 TB EHD attached to it for DVR purposes. It's free and works great.

I wish they would integrate IPTV. Its a really nice App for high priced streaming services, cable and HDhomerun users and locast. The ability to input an IPTV server with username and password and it would be the Sh*t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)