Channels missing from dishanywhere guide and can not watch

emtjim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Sounthern IL
I am missing channels from my dishanywhere.com guide ESPN 140 and Foxmidwest 412-08 and can not even tune to the stations online. Any one else having this issue?

I don't have Sling but I see missing channels on my guide too on dishanywhere. I have "All" selected.

Just to name a few in numerical order:

82 - FETV
106 - TVLAND
140 - ESPN
171 - NICKW
173 - DISNW
177 - TOONW
188 - UP

While we're talking about DishAnywhere issues, when I go into my Daily Schedule, I see a timer listing on my RSN for Saturday titled "Foolish Heart", but when I hover over it, it shows the correct program name, "NHL: Bruins at Penguins"

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a known issue, our engineers are aware of it and are working to get it resolved. I'd be happy to forward your feedback as well if you could send me a PM with your account number. Thanks.

Sarah, are they working on bringing back dish anywhere for computers? I can watch shows from my DVR or live on dish anywhere, but for the on demand movies and shows, it continually asks for the plugin, which I have had for years, upgrading when required. I download the plugin, go to install it, but I already have it as the choices are to "repair" or "remove" it. I've removed and re-installed it, I've repaired it and tried to watch--always following the directions to close my browser and start over--but the "download the plugin" portion continues to pop up. I'm using the latest version of Chrome. (IE is unavailable to me right now as I can't update to IE 11 and still access government web sites.)

Please get them to move on this! I know I've seen other comments on this for weeks at least.

Thanks!

Sarah, are they working on bringing back dish anywhere for computers? I can watch shows from my DVR or live on dish anywhere, but for the on demand movies and shows, it continually asks for the plugin, which I have had for years, upgrading when required. I download the plugin, go to install it, but I already have it as the choices are to "repair" or "remove" it. I've removed and re-installed it, I've repaired it and tried to watch--always following the directions to close my browser and start over--but the "download the plugin" portion continues to pop up. I'm using the latest version of Chrome. (IE is unavailable to me right now as I can't update to IE 11 and still access government web sites.)

Please get them to move on this! I know I've seen other comments on this for weeks at least.

Thanks!

Sorry you're having this issue, Charise. As far as we know, it's still working as it's supposed to. Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

Just tested on my FF and it worked like a Charm. GF's Chrome did work, but I am not sure how much of her live or ondemand opinion I trust(She thought Netflix and DA were the same thing for awhile... She is one of the people I like to tease about knowledge of any electronic system.)

Chad, are you talkin' 'bout me?? I don't think so. :D

Cleared cache and cookies yesterday and today and restarted my computer. Still keep getting the "download the plugin" message. I've always used Chrome with no problems until recently. Guess I'll try Firefox. Thanks, KAB.

(It does work on Android just fine, but if I can use the larger computer screen, I'd rather do that.)

Chad, are you talkin' 'bout me?? I don't think so. :D

Cleared cache and cookies yesterday and today and restarted my computer. Still keep getting the "download the plugin" message. I've always used Chrome with no problems until recently. Guess I'll try Firefox. Thanks, KAB.

(It does work on Android just fine, but if I can use the larger computer screen, I'd rather do that.)
LOL no... Well, I don't think we are dating...that would definitely be news to me...haha. No, my GF is electronically illiterate. I was talking about her.

Repeatedly, Bobby. I have removed it and reinstalled, repaired it and reinstalled, and since repair is most often the first choice I get, I know that it's already on there. I don't know what else to clear to get this to work on Chrome, but I guess I'll probably have an aha moment eventually.

I think I would know too if we were dating, Chad. haha I'm guessing that many GFs hear that about computers. :D I re-read and see the GF in your post. Duh, just reading too fast.

Reactions: ChadT41
Okay, just had the aha moment. For some reason Chrome was blocking plugins on the dishanywhere.com site. How does that happen without my setting it that way?? Anyway, that's all it took. Thanks to all for trying to help me!!!

I missed that thread at the time apparently, but if I have problems again, first thing will be to check that it's not being blocked!! :D

I think it's been since before it started getting cold(I'm in Az so about November), and not on SG. Someone reported exactly what you said, after struggling for sometime. I don't use chrome, and rarely use DA so it didn't occur to me until you said something.

I know I watched an on-demand movie about 3 weeks ago on this computer at dishanywhere.com using Chrome and had no problems, which is probably why I didn't read the thread earlier. I guess that's usually why I don't post immediately if I'm having a problem. I generally get it sorted out on my own. Guess I jumped the gun this time. :D Still, thanks for all the suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)