Channels moving to new locations on DirecTV lineup on 5/2 and 6/2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
Today, I noticed on the guide there are subchannels for MTV2, VH1 Classic and IFC to warn DirecTV customers that these channels are on the move to new locations.

On May 2 (this Monday), MTV2 will move from it's current channel of 333 to channel 332, while VH1 Classic moves from it's current channel of 337 to channel 336.

and on June 2, IFC moves from it's current channel of 564 to it's new channel of 333 (the channel that MTV2 will leave behind on May 2).

If there's any more channels making a move soon, please post it here.

And don't forget to reset your current DVR recordings for these channels when the move is complete.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Yup just got this in an email.

A few channels will be changing location within the DIRECTV channel lineup on May 2. No channels will be dropped from the lineup. Technicians should be aware of these changes in case customers ask.

Channel Changes:

• IFC is moving from channel 564 to channel 333 on May 2.
  • MTV2 is moving from channel 333 to channel 332 on May 2.
  • VH1 Classic is moving from channel 337 to channel 336 on May 2.

I am wondering if these moves are to make room for MTV Live to move as well. I actually wouldnt mind it next to MTV, and love the fact it plays Music and nothing else. Also DirecTV just did light up a bunch of PPV channels. Perhaps warming up for a major HD expansion? Whisper of a dream....

I am wondering if these moves are to make room for MTV Live to move as well. I actually wouldnt mind it next to MTV, and love the fact it plays Music and nothing else. Also DirecTV just did light up a bunch of PPV channels. Perhaps warming up for a major HD expansion? Whisper of a dream....
WHAT !
MTV would actually show MUSIC ?

I grew up LISTENING to music
Me too .... that was Before there were Music Videos
To group it with the rest of the channels. (Category grouping) Maybe the HD Xtra could be going away. Who knows.
This is what I was thinking as well ...
Is there Really a need for HD Extra channels, the majority of them are in HD now.

Me too .... that was Before there were Music Videos

This is what I was thinking as well ...
Is there Really a need for HD Extra channels, the majority of them are in HD now.
Yea I think we have gotten to the point where HD is now a standard and not the premium it used to be. They could move those channels into the premium package and with the other channels. They are kind of lost up there with the movies and adult content. They would be better watched in the 200's / 300's anyhow.

Why would they want to move it from the rest of the HD Xtra channels block???

That is one of the worst groupings in the lineup. Those channels would be better off mixed in their proper place in the lower numbers. The other site mentioned that there was something in the contract renewals last year about FM (formerly ... nuvo or something like that) coming to Directv so that is likely to go in there. IFC doesn't belong at either position at all - where it is now and where it is going! Shouldn't it be near AMC? Both are formerly movie channels that now show reruns and a few original series.

Soon there'll probably be a 4K Extra Pack and the HD Extras will be absorbed into the lineup, one would hope, like others have said.

Will they stick with the DTV channel numbers? The only bad thing about that is that UVerseTV customers will have to learn new channel numbers.

Will they stick with the DTV channel numbers? The only bad thing about that is that UVerseTV customers will have to learn new channel numbers.

There are only a few hundred thousand of UVerse people and millions upon millions for Directv so I assume they'd make it easier for the most number of people. I am sure that in the distant (but not hopeless) future we will all get a merged lineup and both will have some new channel numbers to learn, but the UVerse folks will learn.

There are only a few hundred thousand of UVerse people and millions upon millions for Directv so I assume they'd make it easier for the most number of people. I am sure that in the distant (but not hopeless) future we will all get a merged lineup and both will have some new channel numbers to learn, but the UVerse folks will learn.
Duh, why didn't I think of that? :)

Why would they want to move it from the rest of the HD Xtra channels block???
I was wondering same thing when I saw this the other day on my tv and what is DirecTV and AT&T is saying on why they would do this or are the taking away HD Extra Pack....hmmm

I was wondering same thing when I saw this the other day on my tv and what is DirecTV and AT&T is saying on why they would do this or are the taking away HD Extra Pack....hmmm
I don't think they are taking anything away, just merging them with all the other HD channels like they should have been in the 1st place.

The point is, until D* DOES actually makes HD Xtra go away...& they stop charging for those 9 channels as a separate tier...they SHOULD stay in their current (premium) block location...

IFC doesn't belong at either position at all - where it is now and where it is going! Shouldn't it be near AMC? Both are formerly movie channels that now show reruns and a few original series.

Agree...but at least they moved it out of the premiums range.
Sometimes D* channel placements on some channels makes about as much sense as Comcraps... :rolleyes:

The point is, until D* DOES actually makes HD Xtra go away...& they stop charging for those 9 channels as a separate tier...they SHOULD stay in their current (premium) block location...

Agree...but at least they moved it out of the premiums range.
Sometimes D* channel placements on some channels makes about as much sense as Comcraps... :rolleyes:
I agree IFC should be in the AMC part not with the Music Channels as they are doing now make you want to give them the Gibbs Slap to the back of the head and say what the heck are you doing :biggrin:rolleyes::)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts