Channels past 99?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

egro

Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Is there any possible way to get channels past 99 without a cable box hooked up to the cable line? I have cable that includes all the regular channels. I have it hooked up in two places in my home. I have one TV with a box and another TV without a box. Is there a way to get the TV without the box to display channels past 99?, but I don't have a box for one TV. Is there a way to get to the channels past 99 without another box.

Most cable ready tv's should go up to 125.

Whether the cable company sends out unencrypted analog signals in that range is another story.

On a regular analog tv,no. If you buy a tv with a built in QAM tunner, you will be able to get what ever digital or Hd signal they sent that is not encrypted.

Yeah I have a Panasonic with an HD/DTV tuner built in. It finds almost all Digital channels; however, they are grossly out of order, sometimes repeated, and just a regular mess! Reason being that the tuner is ATSC, and will show the channels according to their actual frequency, such as 2-1 or 132-3. Cable uses QAM, which would likely require a Cable Card anyway.

Last edited:
Well the channels will also move on you as well. Most systems will use a system to move channels around automatically to free up space. And when SDV launches it will be a worthless tuner anyway. Unless your TV is tru2way compatible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts