Chaparal Corrotor ii Wideband Skew Position

Vintagesports

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
PR
I have a 12 footer Unimesh antenna with a Chaparal Corrotor II Wideband which I move my HH ajak motor with an ASC1. My Zenith satellite is at 65W (located in Puerto Rico). I am having problems optimizing the skew at that position because the elevation and size of antena makes it unreachable. Do you guys have any technique to optimize the position of the feedhorn using a satellite in the low part of the arc? At that position I can easily access and skew my feedhorn.
I know that at the southernmost position the KU Lnb should be set at 12 and C band at 6 but what would be any equivalence at lets say 133W? Also any pictures would also.
Thanks

The skew setting will stay the same across the arc with the exception of fine-tuning. The polar mount tracks the arc and skews the polarity.

The alignment of a corotor is set using a template. The arrow is pointed at the 12 o'clock position when placed on the KU-band LNB.

template1.gif

Drive the dish to the top of the arc (apex) and mark the 6 o'clock position on the edge of the reflector rim. 180 degrees opposite of this mark is the 12 o'clock position. Motor the dish to a position where you can work on the feed and the 6 o'clock position for the alignment will be visible. Align the template arrow to the 12/6 o'clock position.

I use blue painters tape on customers dishes to reference the 6 o'clock position and mark my personal dishes with fingernail polish.

The skew setting will stay the same across the arc with the exception of fine-tuning. The polar mount tracks the arc and skews the polarity.

The alignment of a corotor is set using a template. The arrow is pointed at the 12 o'clock position when placed on the KU-band LNB.

View attachment 139254

Drive the dish to the top of the arc (apex) and mark the 6 o'clock position on the edge of the reflector rim. 180 degrees opposite of this mark is the 12 o'clock position. Motor the dish to a position where you can work on the feed and the 6 o'clock position for the alignment will be visible. Align the template arrow to the 12/6 o'clock position.

I use blue painters tape on customers dishes to reference the 6 o'clock position and mark my personal dishes with fingernail polish.

Thank You Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts