Chaparral Corotor II Plus Wideband Feedhorn with C & Ku LNB's(original buyer reneged)

anik

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
U.S.A.
eBay auction at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5797107386

My son put this up on eBay about three weeks ago and apparently the buyer reneged, so he's got it up again. It's a Chaparral Corotor II Plus Wideband C & Ku Feed Horn that includes LNB's (LNB's were purchased separately). He bought all these items new last summer and they were only used a few times (basically, one of the big reasons for setting up this system was to try and get the Alaska stations so he'd have west coast feeds but it turned out they were too far down in the trees from his yard, and there wasn't much else he found that he couldn't get on his Dish Network system, AND his wife really hated the big dish being in the front yard, which by the way he's also selling on eBay - see my earlier post today). So this feedhorn really was barely used, essentially not much more than to see what the system was capable of. On the satellites he could view without tree interference, it worked extremely well on both C and Ku bands.

I should note that the feedhorn is wideband (so you could use it to pick up wideband signals on some of the international birds) but the C and Ku LNB's are the normal ones, and it works just fine as a replacement for a regular C and Ku band feedhorn. He didn't tell me he was buying a wideband feedhorn until he'd already done it and that's when I pointed out that with all the trees around his place there was no way he was going to see any international satellites from this part of Michigan. So after that he didn't waste any money getting wideband LNB's, just the normal ones, but if you were to put a wideband LNB on the feedhorn it would certainly work for wideband reception. Note that although the picture in the ad shows the feedhorn only, if you read down you will see that it does come with the LNB's.

I suppose it's possible that if the bid amount doesn't go too high, someone could make a little profit by buying it, taking off the LNB's, and selling each LNB and the feedhorn separately. I remember that I paid about $100 for a regular (not wideband) C/Ku feedhorn about three or four years ago which was in far worse shape than the one my son is selling (let's put it this way, you could definitely tell that the one I bought had been outside for a few seasons).

Only one request, PLEASE don't bid if you have no intention of following through with payment after the auction ends!

The auction for the feedhorn and LNB's is at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5797107386

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)