Weigel Broadcasting to launch 24/7 cartoon channel "MeTV Toons" on June 25, 2024

Route66Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2019
Missouri

On June 25, 2024, Weigel Broadcasting will launch a new free over the air linear TV channel called "MeTV Toons".

The channel will air both theatrical & TV cartoons from the 1930's to early 2000's.

It will also have a free FAST livestream channel, that will have the same kind of programming, but with an alternate schedule.

The channel will have licensing agreements & partnerships with Warner Bros. Discovery, & some other major studios (Except for Disney.)

MeTV Toons official website.

MeTV Toons Channel, Featuring Bugs Bunny and Other Warner Bros. Discovery Content, to Launch in June.

Stations for Network - Me-TV Toons (This list of confirmed affiliates is updated, at least, weekly.)

On June 25, 2024, Weigel Broadcasting will launch a new free over the air linear TV channel called "MeTV Toons".

The channel will air both theatrical & TV cartoons from the 1930's to early 2000's.

It will also have a free FAST livestream channel, that will have the same kind of programming, but with an alternate schedule.

The channel will have licensing agreements & partnerships with Warner Bros. Discovery, & some other major studios (Except for Disney.)

MeTV Toons official website.

MeTV Toons Channel, Featuring Bugs Bunny and Other Warner Bros. Discovery Content, to Launch in June.

Stations for Network - Me-TV Toons (This list of confirmed affiliates is updated, at least, weekly.)

I will love this new channel!!

I will love this new channel!!
I am excited for this channel! I feel like this was Boomerang in it's earlier days.
I just hope that it comes to one of the full power TV stations in the Kansas City area, likely on either KMBC or KCWE.

KMBC currently has Nosey on Ch. 9.4, which seems like it may be a temporary placeholder & KCWE has an empty channel on Ch. 29.3 (Was supposed to be carrying Twist, but for some reason the subchannel had technical problems & Twist ended up ceasing operations anyway in early 2024.) & HSN on Ch. 29.4 (Also has it's own technical problems resulting in the subchannel having a frozen image & no audio for over almost a month!).

My guess is that MeTV Toons will likely land on one of those subchannels in the Kansas City area.

Here's the full MeTV Toons schedule:
445483700_357344050697829_7715554923062521709_n.jpg

It will be on KGKC 39.7
Unfortunately, that TV station is low power & I can't get it to come in where I am at (Carrollton, MO - See attachment.) unless the atmospheric conditions are REALLY good.

Still hoping that KMBC, or KCWE will eventually pick it up.

If not, I'll have to subscribe to FrndlyTV to be able to watch it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240612-044824.png
    Screenshot_20240612-044824.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: comfortably_numb
On June 18, 2024, the new MeTV O&O, WMEI 31, launches in Green Bay, Wisconsin with MeTV on 31.1 and Story TV on 31.3. I'm guessing some sort of placeholder, like a test pattern or color bars, will air on 31.2 until MeTV Toons launches on June 25...

On June 18, 2024, the new MeTV O&O, WMEI 31, launches in Green Bay, Wisconsin with MeTV on 31.1 and Story TV on 31.3. I'm guessing some sort of placeholder, like a test pattern or color bars, will air on 31.2 until MeTV Toons launches on June 25...
At least in the DC area we have a short loop.thatvis effectively a promo for the channel.

New line up great programming Omy

Interactive ATSC 3.0 Comes to CT