Charge backs

yankeetechinKy

Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
kentucky
I would like to pick the brains of all the senior installers that subcontract for Dish. I subcontract also for Dish, and really can't unstand how all that works. Basically when I get paid my jobs have already been completed 3 weeks after i completed them, say I did a Job 7/1 im not getting paid til 7/14, etc, but if my office not Dish does a QC and finds something THEY, not A Dish QC manager is not up to their specs I get zapped with a charge back, so their taking money out of my pocket. Would appreciate any feed back, is this legal? :rant:

I would like to pick the brains of all the senior installers that subcontract for Dish. I subcontract also for Dish, and really can't unstand how all that works. Basically when I get paid my jobs have already been completed 3 weeks after i completed them, say I did a Job 7/1 im not getting paid til 7/14, etc, but if my office not Dish does a QC and finds something THEY, not A Dish QC manager is not up to their specs I get zapped with a charge back, so their taking money out of my pocket. Would appreciate any feed back, is this legal? :rant:

This is really not in the right forum. Check out the installer zone. Charge backs are a pain in the butt & a big part of this business. Learn about this & more in the installer zone.

It is probably not legal. A lot of companies are doing it though. Does it suck, you bet. Here is a couple of examples. Someone goes behind you on a tc, many times regardless of the reason its a charge back. Some actually charge back for stuff like no drip loops, weed eater guard, pictures, forgetting to cross your t's and dot your i's and so on. If your charged back for whatever. They should at least explain what it is for. I feel a lot of this non sense is an easy way for companies to make a few extra dollars. Keep good records of everything & dispute charge backs you feel are bs. Worst case scenario find a different outfit to work for, that is a challenge also. Not to many good ones out there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)