Charge for 3 months free?

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I was wondering if there was a downgrade fee for canceling the movie channels that we currently get for free? By the way I am currently getting all of the movie channels free except Starz. Would that be a $15 one time fee for canceling the 3 movie packs?

Not for the free ones. Unless they have changed something.

They still do not charge on free ones. If you see a $5 charge on your bill, call and get it taken off.

They still do not charge on free ones. If you see a $5 charge on your bill, call and get it taken off.

Despite popular belief this is actually a bad idea as you only get so many freebies...

And to answer the actual question, it CAN be charged. Most CSRs don't because they don't want to hear from you again about the fee, but they CAN do so for any downgrade.

When my inlaws signed up, I read the fine print carefully. It said there would be no downgrade fee for canceling the free-for-3-months premiums.

you can remove the promo stuff through the automated phone system without even talking to anyone, no charge

By the way I am currently getting all of the movie channels free except Starz. [/QUOTE said:
Hey blanquitoman
How are you getting all those channels for free? HBO as well? You mention ALL of the movie channels.

it's only for new costumers. when they sign up with dish

Exactly, I only asked for the free movie channels and the rep said do you want all three, I said sure, if they are free give them to me. By the way I have read that Starz is also free if you download a rebate form off of the Dish website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)