charge for second dvr box

toiletduck

Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Im hoping that i just got someone that didnt know what they are talking about when i called customer service. They said it would be an extra $11 a month to add a dvr that i already own to my service, $5 additional dvr fee plus $5.95 dvr fee.

That doesnt sound right to me, i dont even think i pay a dvr fee now. Iv never seen it on my bill. I could understand all those fee's if i was requesting an additional box from them, but i own this dvr.

without knowing what you have now...

a second DVR will have an associated "additional receiver access fee" and also a DVR fee. $5 for teh access fee and $5.98 for the DVR fee I think (I may have them reversed). So $11 is about right. If your DVR is a 508 then it's grandfathered out of the DVR fee, but you'd still pay the additional receiver access fee.

I think i have a 522 right now with the 250 programing. I think i didnt have to pay a dvr fee because i have it set up to my phone line. At least iv never seen it on my bill. I can understand $5 fee for additional dvr but 5.95 on to of that i cant justify the expense with as little as ill use it.

I think i have a 522 right now with the 250 programing. I think i didnt have to pay a dvr fee because i have it set up to my phone line. At least iv never seen it on my bill. I can understand $5 fee for additional dvr but 5.95 on to of that i cant justify the expense with as little as ill use it.
The DVR Fee is $5.98. If you have the DVR Advantage, it waves 1 DVR Fee. The $5 fee is NOT for the phone line fee. It is because of the number of receivers you have.

We have a 625 and a 722. We pay both a DVR fee on each of the receivers and a $5 fee for the 625 (it is the second receiver on the account, so that is why we have the fee).

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)