Charge for Wallys?

Does Dish charge the $7 for Wally’s if one is owned instead of leased?
You were already told this when you were asking about the Hopper/Blockbuster unit-

Why are you trying to buy such old equipment, you will still have to pay a monthly box fee, should just get something newer then.

All boxes, you will have to pay.

There has been considerable debate and varied reporting on results for box charges, especially owned receivers.
The best I have been able to ferret out is if your owned equipment is generally considered as primary on your account and any additional equipment is secondary. Secondary owned equipment may incur a reduced receiver fee but secondary leased equipment gets the full receiver fee.
I have no experience with Wallys so I cannot speak to the question if a primary Wally incurs a receiver fee. Back when I had ViP211's the first receiver did not incur a receiver fee.
My H3 does not have a receiver fee associated with it but all Hopper installs have a $15 Hopper DVR Service fee on the account and my leased Joey Receiver has a $7 Joey Receiver fee.
Anecdotally, I have heard that , for example, having two owned Hoppers, the first gets no receiver fee and the second has a $10 receiver fee (reduced from $15) and any owned Joeys on that same account get $5 receive fees but the whole account also gets the $15 Hopper DVR Service fee. I have also heard of this situation where the receivers all incurred the full receiver fees and no one has satisfactorily explained why there might be a difference.
Clear as mud.

First receiver is always free. Each additional is $7 for leased or $5 for purchased.
Not correct...Wally has a fee no matter if it's the only one on your account

Receivers (first leased receiver is free, excluding 211 and Wally)

DVR Service
NameCost (per month)
Alaska/Hawaii Dish500$5.00
Hopper or ViP$15.00
922$10.00
Hopper 3, Hopper with Sling, or Hopper$15.00
Super Joey$10.00
4K Joey, Wired Joey, or Wireless Joey$7.00
Wally$7.00
922, 722, 722k, 625, 622, or 522$17.00
322, 222 or 222k$14.00
612 or 512$10.00
311, 211, or 211k$7.00

I believe it depends on the age of your account, I am not charged for my primary Wally and neither are may parents. We own all of the Wallys and the additional ones are $5/mo.
Your correct..I forgot to mention that is leased receiver fee on the wally..I had no charge on my owned wally when I used it as the primary solo receiver

You originally spoke about a Hopper/Blockbuster unit. That is old, old, old. Wally is a receiver of an entirely different mold but it is newer.
Ended up buying a receiver off eBay, originally I thought I was receiving a hopper with sling but ended up receiving a hopper 3 for $75.

I have a unique setup, that’s why I was asking about the Wallys. I’m not interested in the joeys.

Ended up buying a receiver off eBay, originally I thought I was receiving a hopper with sling but ended up receiving a hopper 3 for $75.

I have a unique setup, that’s why I was asking about the Wallys. I’m not interested in the joeys.
I am aware of your setup from your prior threads. Your mom has the Wallys in the main house and you want to set up the Hopper 3 in the back house, same address, same property. I know the account for the front house is in your name. I know the back house has its own dish. If you want to set up the Hopper 3 you can only have 1 Wally on that same account.