Charged for Local Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ferrino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
CA
I've been with D* for around 7 weeks now and have the HD-Plus DVR package, which has my local channels included.

However, today a charge appeared in the "Recent Activity" section of my D* website account page, which I've not seen before:

Your Local Channels - Charge $4.00

When I look at my "Current Setup", although the package is listed as "CHOICE XTRA™ + HD DVR — Locals Included", beneath it there is an entry for "Your Local Channels - $6 monthly".

Spoke to a CSR and she said she couldn't figure out why it had happened but was going to reverse the charge. However, I am pretty sure this will happen again next month and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why my account has somehow changed?

If it makes any difference, I am in San Diego.

Thankyou!

I've been with D* for around 7 weeks now and have the HD-Plus DVR package, which has my local channels included.

However, today a charge appeared in the "Recent Activity" section of my D* website account page, which I've not seen before:

Your Local Channels - Charge $4.00

When I look at my "Current Setup", although the package is listed as "CHOICE XTRA™ + HD DVR — Locals Included", beneath it there is an entry for "Your Local Channels - $6 monthly".

Spoke to a CSR and she said she couldn't figure out why it had happened but was going to reverse the charge. However, I am pretty sure this will happen again next month and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas why my account has somehow changed?

If it makes any difference, I am in San Diego.

Thankyou!

That is strange. Locals have been included in the package price for many years now. If you don't have locals, then they credit you for not having them. If you get them in hd, they come with the hd charge of $9.99/month.

The only thing that happened at the same time as the mysterious $4 charge (which I assume is a partial charge for the new $6/month local channels entry that has now appeared on my account) was that I started to receive $10/month credits for problems I have been having with another issue (which are listed as "HD Access Credit"). I also received an e-mail about a "Programming and Service Update".

I am guessing that whoever activated the credits accidentally activated a local channel charge or something...

The only thing that happened at the same time as the mysterious $4 charge (which I assume is a partial charge for the new $6/month local channels entry that has now appeared on my account) was that I started to receive $10/month credits for problems I have been having with another issue (which are listed as "HD Access Credit"). I also received an e-mail about a "Programming and Service Update".

I am guessing that whoever activated the credits accidentally activated a local channel charge or something...

I, too, was given HD Access Credit (for 6 months) as an offset to another charge. I've had to call each month to get the credit. Both times the CR found reference to the credit and didn't know why it wasn't being applied. Maybe their billing system stumbles when it sees a credit!

I, too, was given HD Access Credit (for 6 months) as an offset to another charge. I've had to call each month to get the credit. Both times the CR found reference to the credit and didn't know why it wasn't being applied. Maybe their billing system stumbles when it sees a credit!

Thanks for that info!

I have had the local channel charge reversed and it has been deleted from my "Programming" so it shouldn't happen again - I am not sure how on earth their system allowed a local channel charge to be applied on a HD-DVR+ package in the first place, though....

Let's hope they remember to apply the $10 credits in future months...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts