Charlie Chat and Chat this Monday...

jlhugh said:
You will have to tell a little white lie to get by the screeners then ask him your real questions.

Ask about upgrading to the 942, (then on the air also ask where to get the MPEG-4 plug-in upgrade.)

Should anyone interested in HD stay with E*?

I just went to the E* website with the intention of sending an e-mail to the Charlie Chat show, but I could not find the link. I was going to ask if there was any reason why someone with an HDTV that really likes HDTV programming should stay with E*, who has gone from the leader to the lagger in HDTV. The E* competitors are starting to significantly expand their HDTV offerings, while E* has only added TNTHD during the last 14 or so months and the latest word is that no HD programming will be offered from the new 105 and 85 satellites that have recently been launched. New HD programming is scheduled for late this year if an additional satellite launch is successful this summer and will be using MPEG4 compression which none of the current HD receivers or recently announced 942 can be upgraded to receive. This will be well after I (and probably a sizeable percentage of the current HD customers) will have jumped ship!

They took the "submit a question" link off the website months ago. Prior to that, I've written many questions, not one of which ever got read/answered during the CC and the email reply was usually along the lines of "we can't give out information about possible future programming due to the fact that negotiations are in progress, blah, blah, blah."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)