Charlie Chat and Chat this Monday...

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Just a friendly reminder that the next Charlie Chat and our Charlie Chat Chat is this

Monday - January 10, 2005 at 9:00 p.m. ET on Channel 101

and our chat room is located at http://chat.satelliteguys.us/

They will be back from the CES, but will they share anything with the customers?

Possible Agenda?

-Dish Pay Per View Events
-Credit Card Auto Pay
-Highlights from CES 2005
-New Locals
-Some cheesy promo video
-Name Based Recording on the 522
-Talk about the 942 and how to get one
-Talk about the 625 and how to get one
-Talk about the price increase and rant about how the programming costs went up...
-Have some boring guest that takes up a lot of time talking about nothing
-3 minutes left for questions

bavaria72 said:
You forgot "Unplanned phone problems"! :rolleyes:

It's a shame that someone always "trips" over the phone cord and yanks it out of the wall just as the show begins. I know when that happens to me, it also takes me an hour to plug it back in.

If anyone from here can get through ask about the 942's future with MPEG-4. I know that someone asked it last month, but DISH needs to be hammered about this. It's a shame that unsuspecting people will buy this and not know that in a year or so it will be obsolete.

Scott already asked this question at the CES and they said at the Dish press event that the 942 is mpeg2 only. No plans to upgrade to mpeg4. NO ONE should buy this new obsolete receiver for $749.00. I just wish someone would have warned me about the crappy 921 before I sunk $1000.00 into that now discontinued boat anchor. :mad:

My reasoning behind asking Charlie this again is to thwart people from buying it.

I enjoy my HD DVR 921 when I record and skip at the moment the boring guest start talking and wasting my time with new locals and nothing else. :cool:

I am going to do like DVR and skip the 942, I already skipped the 921.

If Charlie dont announce the programming price increases then you know he is just avoiding the issue. I wonder what excuse he will have for this one. He better hope to not get some comparable graph showing how its went up less than the price of milk and so forth like he did in the past.

Someone should call and ask why DISH is increasing prices. That should be a good one!

Neutron said:
Someone should call and ask why DISH is increasing prices. That should be a good one!

direct tv is raising their rates as well. dish is not the only ones. it will be interesting to see who has the higher prices after direct raises theirs.

I expect Charlie to mention it very early in the program, and of course, he'll blame the programming suppliers.

korsjs said:
direct tv is raising their rates as well. dish is not the only ones. it will be interesting to see who has the higher prices after direct raises theirs.

At least Directv would have good reasons too: New Satellite launches, locals in HD, etc.

Another good question for Charlie would be: Why release a brand new HD DVR when it will never be MPEG-4 compliant?

Neutron said:
korsjs said:
At least Directv would have good reasons too: New Satellite launches, locals in HD, etc.
As opposed to E* which will also launch new satellites and have the same success at geting locals in HD that D* will have, if not better.

Since none of E*'s announced price increases put their prices past any of D*'s current prices, any change in D*'s prices will make them "higher" in the same sense they are today. Whether or not D* will adjust $3-$4 and remain the same amount higher or go for a lower or higher increase is still in question. D* have not yet annouced their increase, only confirmed that they WILL announce an increase by March. Their third increase in as many years, BTW.

The usual comparisons on who is the greater value remain the same as long as they both keep bumping up their prices.

JL

Hey, a clock channel as a screensaver wouldn't be a bad idea. It could even have background music or different styles of clocks to choose from (turn the channel and you turn the clock style). Those receivers without the screensaver could automatically go to that channel if its in standby too long or just simpley use a clock as a screensaver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts