Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Jim mentioned the 9 new HD channels added a couple weeks ago (Charlie didn't even know about them) and mentioned a few more will be added in early April.

Seriously?????:eek::eek:

Yeah, it seems a lot of people missed that. I thought there would be a lot more discussion and speculation about it on this board. They had just come out of the video package introducing the 9 recently launched HD channels and Jim mentioned more channels coming "beginning of April". Also, Scott popped into the chat room here during the broadcast and mentioned he just got word History International HD would be going up in testing this week. Could this all be part of the "Phase 2" of new HD Scott was talking about? :confused:

You're correct. nice catch!

So, is it speculation or FACT that Rochester, NY #80 and not Rochester, MN #154 that will be getting HD locals soon?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rochester, MN has a huge satellite install base as we have craptacular Charter cable with like 20 some HD channels and a large amount of family with high income levels thanks to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. DirecTV also only offers our locals in SD.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jason

I have archives of some old Charlie Chats, 1996 or so. I need to find them. I was with Dish Network about that time for 3 years and put them on tape . I have over 2000 tapes not labeled and it's a chore to find stuff like that.

Just had a online chat with Dish customer support concerning Davenport IA. HD availability, Dish rep said, no information available.

CSRs won't know squat about local HDs.

Best bet is to call your Davenport affiliates and talk to their engineers. They will know if Dish is doing anything to get the local HDs up.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)