Charlie Chat Recap 10-12-09

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I didn't even watch it . I used skip feature and I could see it was nothing but a sports related chat , and then stopped it and deleted the show. I read the recap and saw I was right . At least I didn't waste an hour of my life on this pep rally for Nfl Redzone.

Dish Network sent me some behind the scenes photos of this Mondays Charlie Chat... Enjoy!

Attachments

• cc1.JPG
    cc1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 525
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 512
  • cc3.jpg
    cc3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 532
  • cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 490
  • cc5.jpg
    cc5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 485
  • cc6.jpg
    cc6.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 527
This one was some level of above and beyond useless though. I think we need to invent a new mathematics to describe how useless it was.

What do they use for cameras? Looks like a VHS tape recorded in 6hr format.

Not a good promo for talking about HD when it looks like a low resolution You Tube video.

Go back and look at some of the early Charlie Chats when they brought good news and there was excitement about what was coming up.

BC

What do they use for cameras? Looks like a VHS tape recorded in 6hr format.

Not a good promo for talking about HD when it looks like a low resolution You Tube video.

Only looks slightly worse than the rest of the SD channels on Dish. You're right; it's pretty unconvincing that they know what they're doing or care about their customers' experience.

Go back and look at some of the early Charlie Chats when they brought good news and there was excitement about what was coming up.

BC

I don't think there is anymore good news. The only good news for them these days is that Verizon can't roll out a nationwide FiOS network any faster than they are, and that DirecTV DVRs still suck as much as they do. When those two factors change, Dish will have problems.

The only good news for them these days is that Verizon can't roll out a nationwide FiOS network any faster than they are

It isn't Verizon's intention to create a nationwide FIOS network. They only ever intended to cover major markets that they could have enough potential signups. They sold off several states they were the copper telco because they had no intention of upgrading those states to FTTH. Most of their network is in their copper markets.

If Dish continues to compete on price, then they'll beat the cable company much of the time. The cable companies (and FIOS oftentimes) have to do franchise agreements with the towns/cities. I suspect those agreements will have higher needs to help balance out the tax loss.

Dish's situation is always about cost. While DirecTV can also play that game, at the very least Dish doesn't have these money losing season packages for sports. Something will have to change or DirecTV could be paying even MORE for NFL in the future. The season sports offerings are quite a racket for the respective leagues.

This doesn't mean that Dish shouldn't adjust the way they do things. However, I don't think they are doomed due to any single particular change in the sector.

Back when Charlie first started Dish and had these chats we archived the shows. I will have to see if I can find them. I did find some old Directv Commercials. It was less scripted back then. Didn't dish advertise with some guy with a satellite on his head? Dish man or something like that?

Last edited:
Watch a CC? Back when I had a day job I would watch but only reason was to be online at the same time. The chat room was the only thing good about any of the shows. I now have primetime TV job so this is only way to get it. It's better this way there has rarely been anything worth watching on a CC.

dish network channels no longer appear on guide

dish network channels no longer appear on guide. I was recording NHL Network at 12 Noon today. Went back about 3PM and this channel no lomger appears. What happened. Had NHL network on this channel for over one month but cannot figure out why this channel disappeared?

I thought it was in this thread, but I could be mistaken. Thought I heard that this was the last CC of the year, however there will be one more on Monday, December 14th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)