Charlie Chat Recap.....

And the clock channel. That was, um, :confused: but could have been taken the wrong way (like a "slap in the face") by some sensitive viewers that are looking for more good channels. I read it as a lighthearted gag, attempted ice breaker humor kind of thing...

Good summary though.*

*Edit: I wasn't aware this was copied from DBSTalk (should have assumed though, since they always provide good recaps like this)... if done without permission, shame on you cableman2 (and I know not to get into discussion of that kind of thing on here)... if done with permission, thanks for sharing over here.

may I ask why this was copied from dbstalk?

I dont visit there very often but it does say at the top of that post "Summary written by Chris Blount. Text is Copyright 2004, DBSTalk.Com.
Do not copy without permission." so I'm assuming you got permission??

Is it me or does it look like Charlie gets irratated when he has to answer a question regarding MPEG 4, 921, 942 or anything about HD.

I thought this Chat was very weak in substance. It seemed it took so long to get to any questions. Charlie looked embarrased after coming back from some of those promotional spots, especially the clock channel.

Paul

Paul_Medenwaldt said:
Is it me or does it look like Charlie gets irratated when he has to answer a question regarding MPEG 4, 921, 942 or anything about HD.

I thought this Chat was very weak in substance. It seemed it took so long to get to any questions. Charlie looked embarrased after coming back from some of those promotional spots, especially the clock channel.

Paul

I am sure he wanted to pee his pants when the Satellite Guys poster got on and asked about Mpeg4 :) Some poor phone screener got a stern talking to after the show I bet :)

I don't have DISH anymore. Was the clock channel actually mentioned or is this a gag at the Charlie Chat announcements?

one looked like a clock you would see in a classroom (analog as mentioned above) and the other looked like a LED alarm clock (digital as above). showed about ten seconds of each.

I kind of think they where mocking us (forums who complain about new channels) by showing something stupid. it was stupid but kind of funny if you know whey they did it.

carload said:
The Clock Channel wasn't mentioned, it was previewed in both analog and digital! :eek:

And what a delightful addition to the happy E* channel lineup. Fortunately you don't have to upgrade your box to MPEG4 to get it. By the way, where is D* on the whole MPEG4 stuff? Do not LET Rupert get a free pass because he will be doing the same damn thing!

Directv hasn't announced much of anything as far as MPEG-4 goes. They're counting on their new satellite launches in the next couple of years for bandwidth to provide more HD and locals in HD, something Charlie doesn't want to do.

And I like that strategy but is it the most cost effective? Good old Charlie didn't get where he is by being stupid. Two different business cases. This is going to be very interesting to see who is right. Of course D* can survive any screw up because of Rupert's deep pockets. Oh well, lets sit back and see which one turns into a train wreak!

Neutron said:
Directv hasn't announced much of anything as far as MPEG-4 goes. They're counting on their new satellite launches in the next couple of years for bandwidth to provide more HD and locals in HD, something Charlie doesn't want to do.

I believe Murduch mentioned something about MPEG4 a couple of months ago.
They will probably have to go to some kind of new compression eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)