Charlie Chat, starting 1 hour early?

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I looked ahead on the guide and I was wondering if anyone noticed that the Charlie Chat was going to start an hour early. Anyone on the west coast make sure to put a timer on the DVR since most of us are not home yet. Just thought you guys might what to know.:up

I noticed it also. I am central time.

Maybe Charlie needs to start early so he can begin firing up all of his new hd channels.:D

Attachments

• service_RebroadcastBanner.gif
    service_RebroadcastBanner.gif
    5 KB · Views: 188
Yep, every time the clocks change due to daylight saving time, the guide gets wacky (shows appear to start an hour earlier in the spring, an hour later in the fall). My previous PC-based DVR did it pretty cool. In the spring, the listings would show 1 a.m. then 3 a.m. (skipping 2 a.m.). In the fall, the listings would show 1 a.m., then another 1 a.m., then 2 a.m. This meant that the future broadcasts never showed as being an hour off like they do on Dish.

Yep. I forgot. It was March last year too. I think 2 years ago it was April.

That is correct.

"Starting in 2007, most of the United States and Canada observe DST from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, almost two-thirds of the year. The 2007 U.S. change was part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005; previously, from 1987 through 2006, the start and end dates were the first Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October, and Congress retains the right to go back to the previous dates once an energy-consumption study is done."

So, basically, in 2009, they'll look back and see that it had no effect on energy consumption, and they'll go back to the old way, further complicating things.

I wish we could just abolish the whole thing. Pick one of the two and stick with it.

Yep, every time the clocks change due to daylight saving time, the guide gets wacky (shows appear to start an hour earlier in the spring, an hour later in the fall). My previous PC-based DVR did it pretty cool. In the spring, the listings would show 1 a.m. then 3 a.m. (skipping 2 a.m.). In the fall, the listings would show 1 a.m., then another 1 a.m., then 2 a.m. This meant that the future broadcasts never showed as being an hour off like they do on Dish.
This is exactly what Dish should do, but they've never seemed to figure out this simple concept.

811 DVI problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)