Charlie Chat & Tech Forum Email Address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks for posting that - I just submitted:
"When will you carry the high def feed of the Sci-fi Channel?"

Short and sweet. I don't expect it to be addressed, but at least I've contributed a little nudge.

Thanks again Thiggin2 for the link. Here it is again. It is what to use to submit questions for the Charlie Chat and Tech Forum show. I don't think my question will be on the show, but at least I already got an answer back from them.

DISH Network -- Customer Care -- Charlie Chat

Your not going to share your question or answer??

You have been going to the "Scott tease school" haven't you.:D

Short and sweet. I don't expect it to be addressed, but at least I've contributed a little nudge.

I would be surprised if they even mention anything about this let alone answer it.

Your not going to share your question or answer??

You have been going to the "Scott tease school" haven't you.:D

Sure I will share. I had sent a suggestion/improvement for the VIP722 email to the CEO, Tech, and Quality email addresses since I didn't know who to send it too. I received an answer from the Tech and Quality folks that they sent it to the appropriate department. Never did hear back from the CEO. So I asked the Charlie Chat show in the "Ask a Question" link, who should you send suggestion/improvement type emails too. They sent back send to: feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com

Last edited:
Remember to call in tonight for the Scottie Chat... which will be before the Charlie Chat where you can call in and tell Dish Network what you want to see them talk about on Tonights Charlie Chat.

I understand that a few from Dish will be tuned in and listening. Should be fun!

Out of my own curiosity I sent basically the same question, but also added Speed Channel.

I asked this last month and got a "we don't know IF or WHEN we will carry it"

And today's is "We will be adding those channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know when this will happen. "

I guess it will be "SOON". lol.

I understand that a few from Dish will be tuned in and listening. Should be fun!

Nice, So we can call in to the Scottie Chat and ask about Credit Card Autopay and Paperless Billing. Maybe those from Dish who are tuned in will get a laugh or two. I seriously doubt it would stop them from keeping it a regular part of the Charlie Chat though.

Here's their canned response:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email. We understand your concerns. We would like to add that channel sooner to make viewers like you happy. Please understand that it is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.
We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Your automated email response.

Nice, So we can call in to the Scottie Chat and ask about Credit Card Autopay and Paperless Billing.

:haha

Someone should call in tonight and ask about the TR-40. They could say something like, "I am a Dish subscriber so I'll never use this but..."

:haha

Issues with 129 for 1 year

I sent a e-mail requesting "Charlie" to address the 129 issue especially in the Western US. I really wanted them to acknowledge the situation and when we can expect a fix. I realize a new bird up later this year is in the "E" program. I suspect I am not alone as my separate "500" dish for 129 is tuned to the max with an open sky to the "bird." It appears they are in continual denial with this issue.

The response I received a few minutes ago:

Many times signal loss can be prevented by ensuring that the DISH is clear of debris, the DISH has a clear path to the sky, cables are protected from potential damage and the connections are secure. Please use the following steps to quickly get the DISH Network satellite system back to what it does best, entertaining.

1) Check the connections?

On the back side of the Dish Network satellite receiver you will see many different connections; please check the connection(s) labeled “Satellite In”. You should have a coaxial cable, coming from the satellite dish, connected here. If your cable is damaged in anyway or loose you will experience signal loss. NOTE: HAND TIGHTEN CONNECTIONS ONLY, OVER TIGHTENING WILL CAUSE DAMAGE

2) How is the weather?

Snow buildup in the satellite dish can cause signal loss; you can gently remove snow from the dish with a brush. NOTE: DO SO ONLY IF IT IS SAFE AND YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THIS OPERATION

Heavy rainfall can cause the signal levels to drop; signal should return shortly. To reduce what is called “Rain Fade”, please ensure the satellite dish is aimed for the highest possible signal.

3) Does the satellite dish have a clear path to the sky?

The satellite dish must have a clear path to the sky; any obstruction will cause signal loss. If there are trees in the path of the satellite dish, you may notice intermittent or complete signal loss; the foliage will block the satellite signal.

4) Receiver Reset.

Much like a computer, a satellite receiver will sometimes need to be reset. Find the power button on the front of the DISH Network receiver then press and hold it for 10 seconds. You will notice that the receiver will reset and then power itself back on. Once the receiver powers back “error message 015” will appear on your screen, this is normal. If this message does not go away in a few minutes power the receiver off and unplug the DISH Network satellite receiver from the power source for 15 seconds. Now reconnect the receiver to a power source then power it back on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts