Charlie Steps Down

I can only assume that you are more successful? :)

Huh? Just because I'm not qualified to be the CEO of a telecommunications provider doesn't mean that DISH should hire someone who isn't. I didn't apply for the job. I really don't know the guy or anything about him, other than he was the CEO of three companies that were bankrupt (Global Crossing), have had a 97% fall in the price of the stock (Sirius), or have taken on disastrous merger activity that threatens to put the company into bankruptcy (Frontier)

Cool, that makes me feel better, I love my Sirius radio but doubt we will renew, 3 radios are an expensive luxury when voters around here just voted for 2 sizable property tax increases!
Good to hear he's a sports fan, maybe Dish's Center Ice HD feeds will equal the number of HD feeds on DirecTV.

Scott,
Do you think he could help Baseball fans? I quit watching baseball in 1981 but I know folks here would appreciate it.

Joe also ran Sirius during what many consider the "Glory Days" of the company, when he left they had 5 million customers. It wanted until Mel took over that things took a turn for the worse.

I think Charlie is positioning Joe for a run at Undercover Boss because Charlie doesn't want to do it himself. Can't be outdone by Mr. White. However, looking at Joe, he would be difficult man to disguise. ;)

Sirius didn't have too bad a recovery. Had you bought $10,000 of Sirius stock in January of 2009 and sold it May 1, 2011 you would have made a $230,000.

i dont fully agree with you scott on sirius. yes it has had its issues. but i wouldnt go as far as to say its supsription fm. the music is still comericle free. and the brakes on the talk shows are alot less than fm radio would be. and you dont have to worry about being censord cause you said the f word or something like it. i do agree it can be improved. but cant all places dish included

If you had Satellite Radio from the start most will probably say that the quality has gone WAY down hill.

On the XM side on many channels you wouldn't hear the same song played for DAYS, while not the playlists are so shallow you hear songs repeated every few hours.

About the only difference now between SiriusXM and FM is there are no commercials. Other then that it is now Pay FM.

If you had Satellite Radio from the start most will probably say that the quality has gone WAY down hill.

On the XM side on many channels you wouldn't hear the same song played for DAYS, while not the playlists are so shallow you hear songs repeated every few hours.

About the only difference now between SiriusXM and FM is there are no commercials. Other then that it is now Pay FM.

What are you calling commercials? Dj's talking IMO is a commercial...and that is why I didn't renew my subscription last month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)