Charlie's Math

ksload

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
Eastern NC
For Analysis purposes only Lifetime $1.00, 76% increase to $1.76

For All we know, the real figure could be .10, 76% increase to .18.

Charlie should be selling used cars somewhere.

What difference is it if it is an 8 cent increase or 76 cent increase. It is still way less than the $2 or $3 increase Charlie is charging us. He is still making out way ahead of the game. He has been increasing our costs every year. It is hard for me to believe that his costs exceed what he passes on to us. Either way when you multiply the $2/$3 times 12 million customers, he is extremely profitable.

Regarding the increase, you can believe we're paying for those sirius channels as part of the increase. Those couldn't have come cheap...

cleblanc said:
What difference is it if it is an 8 cent increase or 76 cent increase. It is still way less than the $2 or $3 increase Charlie is charging us. He is still making out way ahead of the game. He has been increasing our costs every year. It is hard for me to believe that his costs exceed what he passes on to us. Either way when you multiply the $2/$3 times 12 million customers, he is extremely profitable.

What is wrong with you?? E* is not a Non-Profit organization they do what they do to make money and I say more power to them......$2/$3 increase and your bitching about it?? You can't even by a decent lunch from McDonald's Dollar Menu for that

It pisses me off when people want everything in the world but don't want to pay for it, Everyone wants the newest baddest receiver but they want it for a free swap out, they want every HD channel in the world but don't raise my monthly rate, I'm sorry but business just doesn't work that way......

I feel for everyone who just dropped the money for their HD DVRs but that's just they way it goes sometimes..

I just bought a $2000 laptop last year and guess what??? it's obsolete in some respects already.....but I can't call Dell and have them give me a new one for free can I??

This is why I lease my receivers and never buy them but in that respect if you lease a car they don't swap you to the new model automatically each year for free do they??

Bottom line sure we all are pissed at the HD Lite situation and sure we are hearing that it's still MPEG2 with MPEG4 headers but at the end of the day you have a choice.........stay or leave....pay them or give your money to someone else...but from a business perspective you have to respect a man like Charlie looking at where he started and where he is business wise, if you don't like him personally that's another story altogether....

just my .02 a litle long winded sorry:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)