Charlotte, NC HD Locals

I looked last night and i do not get that channel, i guess that means that my dish is not seeing 118.75. What do i need to do, i was a new customer just 5 months ago?

You have to have a "Dish 500 Plus" (for sat locations 110/118.75/119) or a "Dish 1000 Plus" (110/118.75/119/129). If you had HD installed at the same time as your initial install in that time frame, you probably have a regular Dish 1000 (110/119/129). You'll have to call Dish to request an upgrade.

FYI...my brother just called Dish about the CLT HD Locals. First, he ended up with a CSR that was determined that he should be getting them with his current Dish (a regular Dish 1000), and had him reset his 622 like three times, try to tune to the channel numbers, etc. My brother finally mentioned that he thought they were on a different satellite (as I had told him), and after the CSR argued that him he was wrong, my brother finally convinced him to transfer him to someone else...the second CSR knew they were on 118.75, knew what was necessary to get the Dish 1000 Plus installed, and scheduled it for him this Thursday...free with 12 month commitment.

Is anyone getting the Charlotte HD's? My 1000+ arrives tomorrow. Will I have to call Dish to get them turned on once I can get 118.7 or will they just be there as I get the Charlotte SD's now?

I went through the same process yesterday with the CSR. They are wanting to charge me 29 dollars since i am only 5 months into a 18 month commitment. Is there a way out of that fee??

OK - so I called the standard number on Friday. This time the CSR admitted that the HD locals were lit, but like the poster above seemed to think that I should be able to get them with my current set up. Once we got past that hump, I had to coax her out of the Dish 1000 to the Dish 1000+. Then she charged me $59.95 and a one year commit. After giving in to that, I scheduled the install for Sunday (the 28th).

Fantastic thought I - the Superbowl is on CBS the channel I had the most problems with and here comes Dish to the rescue. Not to be - I got a call on Saturday saying that they were out of Dish 1000+'s and that I was being rescheduled for Feb. 11th.

I am going to try and call DISH today and see if there is any other arrangement I can make. I am not particularly excited about my chances, but the call is free.

Gjoyce3

Ok, so I just got off the phone with a CSR, and they have me set up for a repoint on Feb 10th. She is telling me that yes, it is true that the CLT HD locals were on 118.75, and yes, I only have the 1000 dish, but no, I did not need the 1000+ as they could just repoint from the 129 location over to 118.75. Is she on crack? Or will that work? I know it might be a benefit to get off of 129 as that was the weak sat, correct? But what am I going to loose, if anything? Do I need to be calling back and getting a different CSR to do the right thing? At least she is sending the tech out free of charge.

Ok, so I just got off the phone with a CSR, and they have me set up for a repoint on Feb 10th. She is telling me that yes, it is true that the CLT HD locals were on 118.75, and yes, I only have the 1000 dish, but no, I did not need the 1000+ as they could just repoint from the 129 location over to 118.75. Is she on crack? Or will that work? I know it might be a benefit to get off of 129 as that was the weak sat, correct? But what am I going to loose, if anything? Do I need to be calling back and getting a different CSR to do the right thing? At least she is sending the tech out free of charge.

She's on crack, call back.

Ok, you were right, she was on crack. Had I let them "repoint" my dish, I would gained my HD locals, only to loose all of my other HD channels. The second guy I talked with was much more informed. Got the 1000+ install setup for Feb 11th. Cost me 59.95 to upgrade the dish. Ill post up once I see how they look! The only strange part about it is that I supposibly loose my SD locals from now until the 11th... At least I still have OTA.

I just called and got a appt for feb 7, they turned my sd locals off to, but they have to do that so they can put in a work order

Oh well…CSRs strike again.

Last week, my brother had to reschedule his install for this morning. He had even called back over the weekend to confirm it was still scheduled for today. After waiting and wondering why no one was showing up this, he called back to see when they would arrive only to be told they weren’t even coming because they didn’t have any 1000+ dishes to install. He asked why no one thought it important to call and let him know that, so they looked it up and told him his appointment was scheduled for Friday 2/16, and had been all along (which it hadn’t been). Mildly upset, he asked to speak to their supervisor. He as then placed on hold for 20 minutes or so and then hung up on.

Great work Dish! :rolleyes:

I am trying to talk to someone still about coming out to do my upgrade. I have been hung up on 3 times in the last 30 minutes. Can someone give me an email address or a number to talk to someone other than the generic number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had my 1000+ installed today (alot bigger dish) and my lil are close to ota in my eyes from what little I've seen so far

miff, did you have to do without your local channels from the time you scheduled the appointment until the time you got the install?

miff, did you have to do without your local channels from the time you scheduled the appointment until the time you got the install?

they turned off my locals after I scheduled the appt, you can still watch them, but there is no info in the guide, it a total of 2 days after I called them, and the guy had the new dish up in about a hour

They turned mine off when I ordered a week ago. The 1000+ dish was installed today. Man it is huge compared to the 1000. My signals are stronger on 129 than they were before. The picture is not bad either. Not perfect of course but a lot better than sd

Last edited:
what do you mean you can still watch them. I was having a heated debate with one of the CSR supervisors the other night and they turned them off. I could not even see the channel in my Guide menu, it was not showing up. Do you mean even though it is not showing up you can go directly to the channel and still get it?? My wife will not go without missing her nightly tv shows for several days!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts