Charlotte NC locals on 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GVG

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2008
According to EKB Dish has been uplinking the Charlotte NC locals in MPEG4 to 61.5 for several weeks now, yet Dish is not letting those signals be seen by the public. So we are still getting our locals in MPEG 2 from the 110 bird.

How long does dish noramlly take to let the users see a channel after they have started to uplink it? Sure would be nice to get rid of all the MPEG2 artifacts.

with the new HD LiL rollout they are usually on the bird about a week before made available. With that said, some stayed up there a month.

According to EKB Dish has been uplinking the Charlotte NC locals in MPEG4 to 61.5 for several weeks now, yet Dish is not letting those signals be seen by the public. So we are still getting our locals in MPEG 2 from the 110 bird.

How long does dish noramlly take to let the users see a channel after they have started to uplink it? Sure would be nice to get rid of all the MPEG2 artifacts.

I assume you're talking 'bout the SD locals?
The HD locals are on satellite 118.

Actually HD and SD are both on 61.5 right now. But dish is still only letting us get them form 118 and 110 for over a month now.

That's likely all they will continue to do, since the HD SD/HD locals on 61.5 are only for the new Eastern Arc service...and who knows how long till existing customers will have access to the new service.

Sure would be nice to get rid of all the MPEG2 artifacts.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high on that one. I don't believe anyone has seen yet what MPEG4 SD is going to look like on E*, but given past experience, I really don't see them increasing the PQ a whole lot over what we have now. My guess is that they just continue to overcompress till the PQ is equal to current MPEG2 PQ in order to have more capacity. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if I am!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)