Charter Advertising "Enhancement"!!!???

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Enhanced Online Experience

WTF is this crap. I just got a mailing from Charter (Eastern CT) informing me of an "enhancement" coming to my High Speed Internet account that will tailor on line advertisments to my web surfing activity!!

There is more info at the "enhancement" webpage at Charter Communications

What enhancements are coming to Charter’s High-Speed Internet service?
While continuing to deliver the same fast and reliable Internet service you’ve always received, innovative new technology in the field of online advertising enables Charter to provide you with an enhanced online experience that is more customized to your interests and activities. As a result of this service, the advertising you typically see online will better reflect the interests you express through your web-surfing activity. You will not see more ads – just ads that are more relevant to you.

What the heck is this crap? It sounds evil to me. There is a way to create an "opt-out" cookie on a specific PC, but if you clean your cache, it's gone and you're back in the "enhancement".

Anyone else get this? What do you think? Is it time to go to DSL, or do all ISP's do this now.

Charter, IMHO, really sucks........:mad:

Last edited:
All I see is Charter = crap.
I want to go with ATT...but they are asking 200$ upfront for installation to bring in the land line...messed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)