Charter Communications Cable TV Package Pricing

Celestine

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Area: San Gabriel Valley, CA

Anyone knows how much the package costs, Basic Expanded and Basic, before the promotion? I have tried searching the website but no luck unlike DirecTV and Dish that lists regular pricing on their website.

I am contemplating whether to get FAVE TV or Charter TV. I got mostly the channels I need on FAVE TV (Fox News, Fox Business, NFL, NBA TV, Universal Sports, some cartoon channels) but on Charter TV I can get some "bling bling" like Showtime and other channels like Animal Planet, History Channel, AMC, and Discovery Channel.

How much does it cost for Charter's Basic Expanded and Charter Basic without the promotions and discounts?

FAVE TV is just like $32.99 plus applicable fees.

I am just thinking of the justification of the cost for Charter's monthly without the promotion since I don't want to be calling every six or so months when a discount expires.

Landlord does not allow dish installations. So satellite TV service is out of the question.

Thanks!

Attachments

• clu_sangabrielvalleyca.pdf
    102.2 KB · Views: 693
Not exactly what you're looking for (since it's more than expanded basic, and I'm in MA), but when my promotion expired, the TV charge was as follows:

Digital Home Package: $67.99
includes Basic TV Service, Expanded Basic TV Service, Digital Receiver, Interactive Services, On-Screen Guide & Pay-Per-View

DVR Equipment Upgrade: $15.00

Charter Digital Plus Pkg: $30.00
includes Digital View Plus, HBO & Cinemax

Total $112.99

--------------------

I dropped the "Digital View Plus" down to "Digital View" and got rid of HBO & Cinemax (which had been free during the promo), so then it was $87.99. I ended up dropping the phone part of the package, losing the 3-service discount, so the TV is now $89.99.

Yikes.

Here is Charter's current pricing without promos:
http://www.charter.com/tvpackages

And here are the channels in each:
http://www.charter.com/channels/displayChannels.jsp

Digital Home, Digital Plus, etc. posted above are no longer offered to new customers. So arglebargle is grandfathered unless he makes a change.

DVR service is now $20 plus $5 for each DVR (up to 4 total). I personally use a cable card tuner on my HTPC which is only $2.50 for the card and no other fees at all (besides programming itself). This PC then serves a total of 4 TV's, all for free. That's the way to go if you want to save some money.

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts