Charter. Good service no result...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tdnosbor

Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
NC
This last Tuesday I had charter come to our house and try to fix an internet problem. The problem is that speed test and speakeasy give me a 2680 kbps DL and 450 UL but now its a 430 DL and UL is still 425. It was funny because when i called the tech the day before he said "wow thats really low" i thought thank god they will send someone out here. They did he checked my modem, the splitter, unplugged router then tested again...no result. He then walks to the back of the apartment and looks at the cable box for about 15 minutes then disappears but his van is still out front. He then comes back and says there is no problem with what is in my home and tells me it has to be a bandwidth issue(never a problem before) and that another service tech would have to look for damaged cabling because of water or some other excuse. I thought "ok no problem". Well its Saturday and they have called me twice to review their service. Both times i said the tech was fine but i still don't have the internet that we are paying for. They said that i should wait even longer. What I am asking from you guys is what is the problem really and have any of you experienced this before. I had to let steam update overnight because my speed is so slow.

I was going thru the same thing, I got the 10mb service but was only getting 5mb, so I realized months later after reading something online that it was my modem. So I went to Best Buy, bought a Surfboard Motorola, installed it, activated it and bam I got from 5mb to 10mb now.

They tested the modem and said it was fine....but maybe ill see if i cant borrow one from somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)