Charter in St Louis

I live over in Belleville and have been wanting to get HD. How does Charters HD picture quality compare to directv, voom, or dishtv's HD picture qualiity?

Ive read elsewhere that cables HD picture quality is generally less than the sat. companys.

Thanks

I live out in O'fallon MO and am a current Dish customer.
Can you tell me what kind of deal I can get to subscribe to Charter to make the switch?

I would like to have a PVR system and in HD if possible. What would that cost me for one HD PVR system, 2nd room with digital cable and PVR, and a 3rd room of analog only?

I'd also consider signing up for broadband and/or phone services if the deal was right.

I have Dish's AT180 package with a 501 PVR receiver, 811 HD receiver, and plain 301 receiver with a single movie package.

Thanks.

I currently have HD at home and I think it is fantastic. The picture quality between the two is very negligible, with more emphasis on the equipment you are using. I never had satellite HD so I cant offer a comparison. Programming would be the biggest difference. Voom has merged with Dish Network, but Im not sure how their pricing works. You will get the most channels for now with Voom, but at what price? There are only about 6 or 7 HD channels in your area right now through cable, but there will be many more. It would not hurt to upgrade your service to HD for a month, especially if you wanted to try out the DVR. If you dont like it, you can always go back. Nothing to risk except a couple bucks on your bill.

I dont want to quote you a price, because i dont know what specials they are running and what you would qualify for. They are always offering dish-buyback incentives, not to mention specials on packages with the Internet and phone services. We dont have the phone service in my area yet, so I dont know what kind of bundling specials they have. Your scenario is very do-able, I just dont know the exact amounts. Give them a call and see if they can give you a better deal. Its all about you feeling like you are getting a good deal. If they can give you a good deal on what you want, then I will be the first one to welcome you. If not, then I suggest staying with what you have. I have seen many people go through hell trying to switch from one service to another, only to switch back eventually.

cableman265 said:
Voom has merged with Dish Network, but Im not sure how their pricing works.

I am familiar with this situation and I need to correct you in that Voom was not purchased by Dish. Dish bought a satellite and some ground facilities, along with a few other things i can't remember now. The Voom service is still actually owned by Cablevision. They are being spun off as a separate company if Chuck Dolan can come up with the financing to make it work... Check around this site under Voom and you will see all of the details...

Anyway, can you tell me what number to call for Charter to get an actual salesperson instead of their generic 800 number?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info on Voom, I knew there were talks but thats about it. I am at home right now, but i will check on a number for you tomorrow and post what I find.

I was able to find out a more local number for you. The number for your local office in Ofallon is (636) 281-1111. Im hoping that number is still a good one. They are getting rid of a bunch of numbers because most stuff is being directed to a centralized call center. I hope they are able to give you some answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts