Charter internet-only includes FREE Epix streaming!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Do you have Charter internet-only, or even more? I just found out that if you create a charter.net email address, you can sign up at Epix for a free online account to watch their movies! I couldn't create my charter.net email address using FireFox, I had to use Internet Explorer so the Java app would work.This is for streaming on pc's, but if you have a Roku you can load the channel from the Roku channel store, and use that for watching Epix on your tv set.

http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=2538#charterlogin

http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=2538#charterlogin

http://www.charter.net/tv/3/network/vendor/Epix

Afterwards, you then also have to log back into charter.net, and change your parental control settings from the default pg-13 to higher. Then wait at least 1 hour before it takes effect. THEN link your Roku, if you want to:

Get the Roku app:
1. Add the EPIX channel from the Channel Store on your Roku.
2. Launch the EPIX channel and find a movie you want to watch. Select "Watch Now"
3. The Roku will generate a 6-digit code for you, enter it on the website.
4. Your code has been accepted. When complete, the screen on your Roku automatically updates and your movie will begin.
5. Enjoy EPIX!

Reactions: teachsac
Yep, I've known about it since I got Charter internet (and phone, no TV). Nice of primestar to post though in case someone wasn't aware.

Ed

Thanks,

My dad is visiting, and we're using his account right now. Never tried it before. You'd think in this day and age, everything would support DD 5.1 ;)

S~

Just wanted to mention that the EPIX Roku app was FINALLY updated on January 16th. :):clapping I first noticed it when I saw the Charter logo in the top left corner of the screen, I knew immediately something had changed because I'd never seen that before. I do not think the app had been updated since 2011 prior (was at version 1.0), anyway before the Live TV streaming channels never worked and now since the update they do. With Charter internet only we get the main linear EPIX HD east coast channel streaming through the app for free. Picture quality seems excellent from the live channel. Some might find this useful for the EPIX original programming (such as to be able to watch it live when it airs rather then On Demand later).

The update was way overdue.

Oh and teachsac, since it was updated, you may want to check and see if they have possibly added DD 5.1 support as I am not sure.

Reactions: old corps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts