Charter Sueing Directv in Ad claims

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charter is hurting for money, so they need money from directv.

Ive seen those comericals with them yanking a dish off the roof

I have Charter. Their alright, I subscribe to basic hd cable tv to get a good rate on my internet. Their cable looks almost as good as Directv in my area, not that good though.

I like this much better then their tv service:

1633229392.png

I'm guessing you live in a potential FIOS market - we max out at around 5

notice charter only has 3 stars?
how fast do u need? i have dsl and it never is too slow

but 30mps ? thats gotta be clicking on a webpage and having it loaded before you blink!

notice charter only has 3 stars?
how fast do u need? i have dsl and it never is too slow

but 30mps ? thats gotta be clicking on a webpage and having it loaded before you blink!

1.69 mBits would be FAR too slow for me. But I have two vonage lines, I currently am going to online school (Devry) for networking and communications management, all my games and movies are on online digital distribution systems...

Also that horrible ping would be killer. I usually get 10-13 ping. Even during the day.

I have issues with people who say we don't need good broadband. That might be true if all you do is surf the web and check email. But the fact is our lives are getting more and more internet centered.

What I'm doing now the average person will do in 5-10 years.

I'm guessing you live in a potential FIOS market - we max out at around 5

Metro Atlanta has decent competition, Comcast, Charter, At&t Uverse...

Although I can't guarantee competition as soon as we've passed quite a bit beyond Uverse's 18 mBit speed...

Off topic but...

I'll have to get someone at work to get some measurements on Internet 2. I don't have access to I2 but it's suppose to be lightening fast. :) --Grin&Barrett

Remember: DON'T BE A BONEHEAD!! :D :D

What I'm doing now the average person will do in 5-10 years.

Because we live in a capitalist country with a free market, the speed will be available once we get to that point. 5-10 years for us to need that kind of speed? Not likely.

Considering that 10 years ago the thought of high speed internet instead of dial-up was just starting to become possible off of a college campus I am not at all concerned that my DSL will leave me behind the rest of the world.

The thought of using dial-up today is hard to do, but there are many people that still use it and are actually satisfied with it. Don't get blinded by your own life to begin thinking it is the life everyone wants/needs to have... there are many people in this country with no computer and no tv even... and they are perfectly happy.

Moral of the story? I don't need that speed, most don't need that speed. Just like DSL now vs dial up a decade ago when that type of speed is needed for the normal everyday usage it will be readily available and cost effective to purchase.

this is the sad truth

i have used the internet since 1998

old dialup used to be perfect when pages where just text and a few pics

now with flash and java dialup isnt fast enough

Because we live in a capitalist country with a free market, the speed will be available once we get to that point. 5-10 years for us to need that kind of speed? Not likely.

Considering that 10 years ago the thought of high speed internet instead of dial-up was just starting to become possible off of a college campus I am not at all concerned that my DSL will leave me behind the rest of the world.

The thought of using dial-up today is hard to do, but there are many people that still use it and are actually satisfied with it. Don't get blinded by your own life to begin thinking it is the life everyone wants/needs to have... there are many people in this country with no computer and no tv even... and they are perfectly happy.

Moral of the story? I don't need that speed, most don't need that speed. Just like DSL now vs dial up a decade ago when that type of speed is needed for the normal everyday usage it will be readily available and cost effective to purchase.

Yeah, and I remember people (like you) saying 10 years ago that we didn't need cell phones, or internet in every home, or other stuff we use every day now. The same type of people who said we didn't need computers at all in the 90's, tv in the 80's, or home phone lines in the early 1900's.

You don't seem to understand how the free market works. As long as it stays a free market and prices go more in line with supply and demand, you will find a much different story in 10 years.

Not only this, but it's pretty easy to think your life will stay the same ASSUMING all other fields of technology stay. It was easy to think you only needed dialup when websites were nothing but words and animated gifs, not so easy now, huh?

Development is already underway for a 3d internet. In 10 years alot will change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)