Charter will not run cable down my road without charging me HELP

tmikkonen

Original poster
Feb 19, 2013
moberly mo
I live 1,100 feet from a road with a main cable line and charter will not run cable to my house without charging me $ 1,799.00 to run cable to me. This is crazy thta I have to pay this much for cable. What else can I do I would love to have there internet but not for that price. Can I buy the fiber optic cable myself so that it would be cheaper to have installed. Help I did get them to come down in price by almost half. They wanted over $ 3000.00 but I have been writing telling them that is too much... Suggestions

Will they let you run your own cable to your house? What length of coax is needed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

If you got RG-6 for that long of a stretch from the main line to your house you would probably need an amplifier. Just guessing, however. Hope it helps some! And good luck.

tmikkonen Don't feel bad, my house is about 400 ft. from the road and there is a cable box within a couple hundred feet from my property. Charter quoted me $7,000 dollars to run cable to my home and said they had to dig the ditch and supply the cable. I Love Dish Network. They install for free.

I live 1,100 feet from a road with a main cable line and charter will not run cable to my house without charging me $ 1,799.00 to run cable to me. This is crazy thta I have to pay this much for cable. What else can I do I would love to have there internet but not for that price.
That's cheaper than I've seen cablecos quote people....

Offer to sign a multi-year contract in exchange for either a reduction in that charge or an outright removal. If they run cabling, include necessary hardware, labor, etc, etc and you cancel in 6 months or 2 years, all of that is money down the drain for them. It's not like they're extending service down a road where other customers will also have access -- this extension is for you and no one else.

If u only need 1500 ft of coax then wouldn't their lines already be amplified if they hook into it? Find a neighbor that might let u get internet from them. U could get a pair or radios if u had weak signal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

A rule of thumb most cable companies go by is 150' for a rg6 drop or 300' for an rg11, both of which are considered a standard install from the dt/tap to customers home. Outside of that expect to pay to have the line extended to accommodate their specs. I personally think it's bs, however what I think really doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts